Thread: Anti cheat System in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for multiplayer?

Anti cheat System in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for multiplayer?

I was thinking something about Warhammer 40K, Space Marine today, so I thought I should share it here. I want to know that have any of you ever heard or viewed anything about any anti-cheat system will be used in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for multiplayer. And if so, then what can we do? If you have any idea about this then I am waiting for your replies.

re: Anti cheat System in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine for multiplayer?

As we all know, Warhammer40K: Space Marine is a Steam worked game, it is for sure, that it will be using VAC.

What is VAC? Can you explain that term in little detail? I want to know about VAC, as I have not heard about that previously. Is it any system, which is used for preventing Cheats?

For those who dont know about VAC, here is little discription about VAC. VAC stands for Valve Anti Cheat, so it is clear that it is something which deals with anti cheat system. It is an Ant- cheat solution and it was developed by Valve Corporation, to be used as a component of Steam game development platform. It helped a lot to reduce the supply of cheat programs to Steam users, who want to cheat online. If VAC founds any cheat in any player’s Steam account then the player will not receive any sign of cheat detection, but after a delay of several days that account will be banned from VAC Secure servers, permanently, for all the games that make use of the same engine.

As we all know, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is a Steam worked game, it is for sure, that it will be using VAC.
    This is not true always. Just because Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is a Steam worked game, you cannot say that it is going to use VAC. I have visited many sites which have detailed information about this game and I never got to see anywhere stated “Valve Anti cheat enabled” for Space Marine. So, it is not necessary it will have VAC, because it is a Steamworks game.

You are asking about ant-cheat system for multiplayer, so you can be sure that there will not be any anti-cheat system. Because, as the multiplayer games are peer-to-peer, I think that there will not be any kind of anti-cheat system.

If there will not be any sort of anti cheat system installed in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, then I think it will be a huge let down for them.
    as the multiplayer games are peer-to-peer, I think that there will not be any kind of anti-cheat system.
    I think if there is peer-to-peer host has control, then there should be a temperory ban for some days or even a permanent ban for that user or they can also have a vote system ban. And I think, it will not be that hard to add that thing into this game.

If there will not be any sort of anti cheat system installed in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, then I think it will be a huge let down for them.
    as the multiplayer games are peer-to-peer, I think that there will not be any kind of anti-cheat system.
    I think if there is peer-to-peer host has control, then there should be a temperory ban for some days or even a permanent ban for that user or they can also have a vote system ban. And I think, it will not be that hard to add that thing into this game.