Thread: Why Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is more expensive on steam

Why Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is more expensive on steam

I don’t know what the reason is, why steam $30-$40 more expensive? Anyone have any idea about this? One of my friends ordered the game from some other place for my birthday gift and just speculating why the steam edition is more expensive? Is there any reason for this, because game is same which I purchase from other place?

Re: Why Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is more expensive on steam

Whenever a game is come out on Steam just ensure the interwebs. You’re definite to discover the game somewhere else in the 15-50% cheaper. Very funny thing is that sometimes the games vapor discount at a standstill cost more than the games "outside" without discount.

According to this link, steam is the cheapest place to buy it for my region. Anyway, the answer is that the steam is to raise the price. Steam / Valve do not decide the prices of the games they sell. That all depends on the publisher, in this case, THQ. Would have to ask why not the similar price all over the place.

But yes, as someone said, you should all the time ensure around the lowest obtainable prices earlier than buying. This applies to any online purchase, not just the games through steam.

Let me guess, you are from Australia? For ubiquitously that ISNT Australia, space marine is not 90 dollars on steam. I have no thought why this is more expensive or why it is 90 dollars in Australia.

It's $ 50 for me, as elsewhere. While I agree that before a game hastily pre-order on Steam like me, look elsewhere, I found Dead Island for $ 36 and now I'm trying to get my order previously canceled through Steam, I hope work! It saves me $14.

Of course it is $ 90 in Australia. THQ has to pay for the dismissal of all officials of dev studio shot last week.

All games of this and other companies is the price to be pirated in Australia on a par with prices shop here, even though you are shopping in a store in U.S. U.S. dollar and freedom from discrimination based solely on IP address.

Imagine going to a movie in San Francisco and to purchase tickets, realize his Australian accent and say " you're Australia - for you, the tickets cost twice as much."

If Steam was cheaper than purchasing in-store lots of retail chains would sight that as unjust rivalry and somewhat stocking Valve titles.