Thread: Which is more accurate Bolt-Pistol or Bolter in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Which is more accurate Bolt-Pistol or Bolter in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

I noticed in the game that the sieve is the most accurate then the bolt pistol, even when you have the assault / jump pack the sieve is even more accurate, even thou its holding in one hand spread is very low. So what’s your opinion about this?

Re: Which is more accurate Bolt-Pistol or Bolter in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

I think you might just sense that way because the one blast thing vs. completely automatic.

Re: Which is more accurate Bolt-Pistol or Bolter in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

The sieve is much slower to reach full flower, that's for sure. I guess that's part of the compensation of the gun to have unlimited ammo, less accurate.

It is a standard for rifles and SMG (assault weapons in general) to be more accurate guns, especially in the range. Help the weight of the weapon, and generally compensate for the longer barrel recoil and improve accuracy, as the typical two-handed use of such weapons.

That said, actually did some tests of fire spread on land at random before, and the bolter is certainly more accurate, even in full auto pistol.

That only makes sense, is bigger, heavier, and with two hands (usually) so it will recoil better than its little brother (which is basically a person firing a rocket gun with one hand).

Accuracy does not transform even if you're running. Similar spread. So I suppose its great helpful to shoot and charge.

Bolter is more accurate because it means better barrel. It and startup speed of the bullet. Anyway, the game board is 12 "away, and the sieve is 24". Anyway, if you hold the gun with both hands, shoot more accurately.

I cannot say what the advantages are of the gun lock on the bolt that is not infinite ammo. Compared to the Bolter is less precise, is semi-automatic is much less ammunition, reload with the same speed, and I can say the least harm. That's just too inconvenient for the gun is worth. It's no different with the jump-pack. Bolter performance is not affected even though now used only one hand.

The diversity of weapons in the complete game will be much superior, making it more apparent that the real gun is a weapon of final resort.

I understand they need to make other weapons worth to switch to them, but they are the status of the IMO. Use them as needed. This may be my personal preference, but I think every weapon should have its own strength and purpose. The PA just feels useless.

I as well was drawn is that there is no real incentive to use the pistol bullet unless dry completely exhausted of ammunition. Now is clearly not the last game and maybe going to change this, but I would have liked to see some runs using the pistol bullet would actually be more faithful to the canon that is not now.

I only used the pistol bullet in most of my bets, just because it makes you look / feel more of a tough guy.

Not so much the bolt pistol and Bolter take the same amount of turns to kill an Ork in the demo? I could have sworn it was 5 for both. In any case, I like to use the gun again, just a preference I've had with almost all the games I have played since the first Halo.