Thread: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine has low violence set or Censored?

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine has low violence set or Censored?

Is the game censored or something? I have not played the demo, but I saw the demo gameplay video on YouTube but I could not see any violence as such. No dismemberment was seen, just some exploding heads and a trace of blood with some sound effect. I did not see any orc corpse mutilated, the limbs were all seen innate with the body. I thought the devs announced there will be lot of gore, with limbs falling everywhere, but I didn’t see any and I am disappointed. This game is rated M anyway, so why do such censoring when you advertise the game as a violent, gory one. I really want to see some mutilation, blood and gore in the game, and I hope there is present in the game.

Re: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine has low violence set or Censored?

Yes, I too saw those videos and saw that there were not much violence on it. If you see the original video called "Warhammer 40,000 : Space Marine - Official Developer Diary [HD]" you can see what I am talking about. It’s the developer video and the same cannot be seen in the demo version. You can clearly see the gory cutting off limbs in it´s uncensored, uncut form. It is the way the games were to be developed, I don’t know if they have kept their promise, or just censored it.

I have played the game, and I think it was gory, all right. There was so much blood in fact that I did not notice the flying limbs. I did blew off Orc’s torso at one point and also arm and shoulder. I also blew the head of another orc. SO yes, you do not have to worry there are much flying body parts and gore as promised by them.

Yeah, I don’t know what demo you saw, but what I played it was M for mature. I blew off so many heads now that I have lost count. The most interesting thing the body keeps on going even after we dismember their parts till its dead time. Yesterday, I karate kicked a orc to make him headless! Even if any limbs are not hackable the game makes it up by having awesome sound for the action. You can ram the chainsaw right through the orc head, the blood explosion was gory! You would love it, so I don’t think the game is censored by any chance.

Yeah, men from wherever you got the idea that the game is censored, then you are wrong. Though is you saw in a video than I think their might be an option to stop the gore or have low violence options in the graphics menu. Though in the demo I did not find anything. But still most games have this censure option as many out there don’t like gore. And maybe since they uploaded on YouTube that’s why they might be censored by the uploader to not have any problems. But, don’t worry about censor in the game and buy it without thinking twice if you want some real gore in the game.

I hear all of you, but this type of gore is present in many games. What I thought was there would be some advanced dismembering of Soldier of Fortune type. Like shooting someone in the head and seeing skull fragments or seeing muscle tissues and bone on the arm when cut off. I would love this details in the game though which might be not so necessary in the game but I did not see anything like that as of yet.