Thread: Will there be a free roam in Dead Island?

Will there be a free roam in Dead Island?

I know that open world is clearly mentioned in the game but I am not clear if the free roam will be there in the game? Since there should be no restriction on the next mission as soon as we complete the first mission that’s what I feel over here. We should be allowed to roam free and cover up all the island that’s what I think over here, I have checked that the overall game play is anywhere around 20-40 hours. I would be really disappointed if the game does not turn out to be roam free at the end. In fact I will not get the game that’s for sure. So some of you all must have started playing the game from now on that’s why I am asking this question with you all here only. I hope that I will not be disappointed.

Re: Will there be a free roam in Dead Island?

See it all depends on where the mission is taking pace and that’s what the problem is. See if you get started with the game and if you want to travel to the places that has the final mission then let me tell you that you would not be able to do that. You will be having the freedom of traveling to the missions but only at the progressive levels that’s it and nothing more. So it all depends on which level you are in right now and if you are in that adequate level then it would be very much possible to travel some of the places that you want to. I hope you do understand what I am saying here. lets hope that it was of good help for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    See it all depends on where the mission is taking pace and that’s what the problem is. See if you get started with the game and if you want to travel to the places that has the final mission then let me tell you that you would not be able to do that. You will be having the freedom of traveling to the missions but only at the progressive levels that’s it and nothing more. So it all depends on which level you are in right now and if you are in that adequate level then it would be very much possible to travel some of the places that you want to. I hope you do understand what I am saying here. lets hope that it was of good help for you.
    Ok thanks for telling me about that now what I am saying is that in case if I am done with all the missions then will I be getting the freedom to do whatever I want. So whats your take on that? Please do let me know as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Najjar View Post
    Ok thanks for telling me about that now what I am saying is that in case if I am done with all the missions then will I be getting the freedom to do whatever I want. So whats your take on that? Please do let me know as soon as possible.
    See there will be limitations at the beginning that’s for sure but yes you will be getting the freedom to do whatever you want as the game progresses and also as soon as you have finished all the missions then you will be able to do anything that you want. As such I have not yet started with the game but still I would like to get started with it. The information that I am giving you is from what I have heard from many of them and hence I am passing the same information to you as well. So that’s it from my side for you all. In case there is any other queries on the game then do let me know as soon as possible. I will try and answer it out for you.

Something similar to what I have seen in the Fallout 3. I remember that I was trying to find some of the towns in the game with the death claws and later I realized that I was not qualified till that level. To my realization I was only in the level 8 and that it. So I could not see whatever I wanted to see and hence that was the issue with the game.

Dude i have heard that while you are in the mission you will be getting some certain scenarios that you had not seen and chances are that you will be getting the same scenario that you had earlier seen. Still you will be faced with new twists and also new tasks that will be getting in the scenario as the game progresses. So I hope you did understand what I am trying to say here. So expect more such changes in the game as the game progresses. That will be a better stance for all of them. as such even I have not started with the game since the game is new but it will definitely take some time to realize the gaming levels for all of them that’s for sure.

Ok thanks for the necessary information that you all have given here. I did get a brief information of what you all have said here, appreciate that. Now the overall instance of the game will be understood as the game progresses that’s for sure.