Thread: Dead Island, difference between vessel zombies and infected zombies

Dead Island, difference between vessel zombies and infected zombies

I am really interested in how the Dead Island enemies look like and what they do. Recently I got to know that there are some Vessel zombies and some infected zombies also. I want to know, what the difference between them is. If anyone has seen anything about them, and knows the difference in between them, then please reply.

Re: Dead Island, difference between vessel zombies and infected zombies

Yes, there are some Vessel and infected zombies. Recently I got to see a video of Dead Island gameplay, and after watching that I noticed some difference between infected and vessel zombies. I noticed that vessel zombies have more skin damage and possibly internal damage also, that may be the reason why they are too slow. Unlike vessel zombies, infected zombies have just few bite marks on their body. So far I have found Dead Island enemies very impressive.

This discussion created a doubt in my mind. Do you mean that all the zombies are not infected?

You should think it like that there are zombies, and amongst them some are slow and some are fast. The slow zombies are dead people but they have been brought back to life by the virus, whereas, the fast zombies are the people who are not dead and they are still alive but they are infected by the virus.

It is a good point that they are slower because they got more damage. But, there is one more possibility that Vessel zombies are slow because, they came first and so decayed first and therefore slowest. And the infected zombies may be those people who got infected later. And they will become like vessel zombies after sometime.

Yes, it is possible that the infected zombies are at very first stage of infection and they will go on losing their athletic abilities and ultimately they will become Vessel zombies, when they will reach at the final stage of virus infection.

I also got to see a video of gameplay and in that they were showing that some vessel zombies, who were looking already decayed, were getting up from the ground. I think that zombies were eating Vessels when they were humans, and that’s the reason why they are so damaged. And the infected ones are those who were attacked by the zombies got some non-serious bites and they succeeded to escape from there, but they still have the marks of those bites. This was my imagination. Everyone can have their own imagination.

I think they all are dead for sure. Vessel zombies are slow because they have less motor function in their body. Infected zombies are little fast but that doesn’t makes sense that they are not dead. They are also completely dead but just faster than the vessel zombies. They are just called infected but they are not living human anymore, and you have to kill them as you encounter with them. If they were not dead and just infected with like the rage virus in 28 days later then the Vessel zombies would try to attack and eat them also, as rage virus only makes people crazy but not actually kill them completely.

My opinion will be that vessel zombies are in the final or latter stage of infection and now they are somewhat like dead only. On the other hand Infected zombies are in the early stage of infection and that’s the reason why they are called infected and they have retain their speed till now also.