Thread: Stereotypical Characters in Dead Island

Stereotypical Characters in Dead Island

Guys I have come across a lot of characters in the game which should not be appearing as they are looking as of now. Now I have seen one character in the game which could have been a banker or could have been a doctor but now due to some differences in the stereotypes it is looking completely different and is shown as a rapper. Now I am not able to understand why there is such kind of modifications on the game, do you all have any clue about this then do let me know as soon as possible about the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same.

Re: Stereotypical Characters in Dead Island

Quote Originally Posted by The Vedas View Post
    Guys I have come across a lot of characters in the game which should not be appearing as they are looking as of now. Now I have seen one character in the game which could have been a banker or could have been a doctor but now due to some differences in the stereotypes it is looking completely different and is shown as a rapper. Now I am not able to understand why there is such kind of modifications on the game, do you all have any clue about this then do let me know as soon as possible about the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same.
    Playing the game with the character as a Attendant would be an interesting thing to see in the game, that’s what I feel here. playing the game as a rapper is a really boring thing and also I cannot remember if any of them have put up a playable doctor character in a zombie game? so that’s why I am thinking of going ahead with that character. Now you are asking that why does that character gets turned into the rapper and the other stereotypes something which you don’t like. Now that can be a possibility where a character is not having enough props can behave in that manner and hence that’s why the outcome is in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    Playing the game with the character as a Attendant would be an interesting thing to see in the game, that’s what I feel here. playing the game as a rapper is a really boring thing and also I cannot remember if any of them have put up a playable doctor character in a zombie game? so that’s why I am thinking of going ahead with that character. Now you are asking that why does that character gets turned into the rapper and the other stereotypes something which you don’t like. Now that can be a possibility where a character is not having enough props can behave in that manner and hence that’s why the outcome is in front of you.
    well dude I can say that you can take the character as a doctor and then play that game but let me warn you at first only that it will not count much in the game that’s what I am saying here. So better think about that first and then only go ahead with what I am saying here. Yes you are absolutely correct that nobody has went ahead with the doctor character in the game, that’s what I am saying here.

why aren’t they going with the businessman look . I think that will add some changes in the game, probably I was visiting some forums in the game and then I had a look at a particular picture which did appeal to me a lot. So that’s why I am suggesting that look over here, well that will add some class and look to the characters design that are already there In the game. That’s what I am talking here. So hope you do understand what I am saying here. so just a small suggestion that I would like to make here. hope it dies gets implemented for sure. that’s what I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
    why aren’t they going with the businessman look . I think that will add some changes in the game, probably I was visiting some forums in the game and then I had a look at a particular picture which did appeal to me a lot. So that’s why I am suggesting that look over here, well that will add some class and look to the characters design that are already there In the game. That’s what I am talking here. So hope you do understand what I am saying here. so just a small suggestion that I would like to make here. hope it dies gets implemented for sure. that’s what I am hoping for.
    Dude I welcome your idea about this and what I want to say is that the idea has been suggested a lot number of times by a lot people so what I want to say is that if the developers do implement the same styling to all the characters I nthe game then people will start saying that the game will be a total rip off from the L4D. which should not happen at all. so for the best they will not be implementing it.

Now why it is made as a rapper is because the developers have planned a particular storyline for this game and hence with that they are thinking that the rapper will be arranging for a concert at the end of the game, that’s what they have decided to do so. also if you have noticed then stereo type! Black people make up 99.9% of all the greatest rappers. So that is the thought that developers might have come across while developing the game and hence they have implemented the same feature in that as well. So looking forward for this game hope it will be a good one to get one, so keeping my views positive as of now for this game hope it just stays up to its expectations.

With the description that you all have described here I suppose you all are talking about the character SAM B right guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun$Suvarna View Post
    With the description that you all have described here I suppose you all are talking about the character SAM B right guys?
    Yes you are absolutely they are talking about SAM B. he is one of the most popular character in this game most people are impressed by his fate he was such a big star and now falling in to the rut is a total disappointment. Hoping that he will be getting employed as soon as possible. He might entertain once again as he used to do earlier so that’s why keeping an eye in this game and surely would be a good thing to watch out for in the game.

Sam B for me does look like a rapper and by no means he looks like a accountant or a doctor. Who said that? He has also got the potential of whacking off the zombie head in a flash. Characters like these are very important in this game who can provide the necessary motivation for the other characters in the game and hence that’s when their role does play a lot of importance in the game. Besides I feel that Xian Mei, should not risk her life for no reason and till now I am not able to ubderstand why is she doing that, it is totally questionable. Anyways all are my personal opinion and it is not meant to hurt anyone.