Thread: I can’t raise max channels from 32 in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

I can’t raise max channels from 32 in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Hello friends I am having some problem here can anyone tell me that How can I raise my channels from 32 in the game Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. The problem I am having is that I want to raise my channels from 32 to 64, and is rest back to 32, tried it with 128 it will again be reset back. I am having a sound blaster V-fi. It is able to handle more than 32 sounds. Friends any help in this regard will be thankfully accepted.

Re: I can’t raise max channels from 32 in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

It appears that the game is not using the sound card for processing the sounds. I am at present checking at the ini file ROEngine.ini; it seems as it isn’t using the sound card to progress the sounds since shouldn’t the value be ALAudio.ALAudioDevice if it would? As you can see the LAudio.ALAudioDevice division has the right amount of sound channels hold up by my sound card but it seems as the game isn’t using the OpenAL system as it should be.

One of my friends and I both can verify the max channel problem - defaulting to 32 channels. This also grounds cutting sounds, for instance; 64 players on apartments - when a plane is flying overhead, the sound of this gets intervened in and out over the gunshots etc. This is understandable as the plane is a steady sound. This must be since rendering a limit of 32 channels; therefore 64 players are bound to surpass this? I and My friend are running Realtek inboard HD audio.

In my opinion you need an additional dedicated sound card for having more sounds to process at the same time. So this problem is really a problem with us who have X-Fi cards and can’t set it to 128

I have done that manually through the .ini file in ROOST; I am not sure that if it’s possible in HoS.

after having changed the sound channel quantity in the XAudio section to 128 and launched the game, now the channel amount has stuck on to 64 and it gives me a feeling that the game performance did suffer compared to playing with the value set to ALAudio. Also, now when looking at the ini file, the values have turned into as follows: [XAudio2.XAudio2Device] MaxChannels=64 [ALAudio.ALAudioDevice] MaxChannels=64So now they both have turned to a sudden change value 64 in the ini file.I dont believe I don’t think I can do much apart from waiting TWI to respond to this matter. But there absolutely seems to be quite a lot of bugs with the audio part of the game.

Thanks Guys for your suggestion I just had a new dedicated sound card for my syste. and Its working with the maximum nuber of the channel. My special thanks to AZUL.

I suppose that the new card definetly solve the problem I am sure because I ahve seen people facing same problem and they solved this through having a dedicated sound card for them I hope you too will solve the problem. Thanks!