Thread: Will Dead Island knock Left 4 Dead off?

Will Dead Island knock Left 4 Dead off?

Valve’s zombie-killer shooter game Left 4 Dead was liked by almost all the players and both, L4D 1 & 2 broke many records. I also liked Left 4 Dead. But now, as I view the trailers of Dead Island and I think it will also be a very awesome game. But, though it is gaining too much popularity because of publicity, I still doubt that Dead Island will be able to beat Left 4 Dead. I want to know your opinion about this.

Re: Will Dead Island knock Left 4 Dead off?

I can be sure that it will Dead Island’s first version will not beat Left 4 Dead, but ultimately Dead Island can win the race, as it also looks a very awesome game and it will give a tough competition to Left 4 Dead 2.

Left 4 Dead was a typical zombie shooter game, but I think Dead Island will open a whole new category for zombie shooter games. I can’t say that Dead Island will beat Left 4 Dead 2 or not but seams it will sure be a game of the same level as of Left 4 Dead. And there are chances that Dead Island knock Left 4 Dead off. But, It depends upon the users of both games that which game they will like more.

I was not presuming this initially buy later as I saw that buzz about Dead Island is very large in the comparison of what we have seen about Left 4 Dead so far. Left 4 Dead ad campaigns were also the biggest launch in the gaming history but Dead Island is somewhere one step ahead than that of Left for Dead. And therefore Dead Island has incredible intensity of being more popular and become most played game in future.

According to what I have read about Dead Island till now, I have found that they have only one similarity that both have zombie enemies, else they are completely different from each other. Left 4 Dead was a run and gun type shooter game and I think it was so popular only because it was a multiplayer game. But, Dead Island seems to be more slowly placed and looks like it is less about shooting and more about actually finding out the ways to survive between zombies. And I have also heard that it has an RPG (Role Playing Game) element also, in which you will have ability to upgrade your character.

Though Left 4 Dead was an enjoyable game but it was little unrealistic. And it is also a fact that it is getting older now. And it is well known that Dead Island is surely going to be a new thing, because, it is not a tedious shooter game, like every zombie game. It is a Role Playing Game which is more concentrated on surviving rather than shooting and killing. So, I don’t think Left 4 Dead has anything to be compared with Dead Island. It will definitely beat Left 4 Dead.

There is no doubt that Left 4 Dead is really a fun game but, if you are comparing it with Dead Island then I must say that as soon as Dead Island will hit the store shelves, Left 4 Dead will not have any place for it. Because, Dead Island is incredible in terms of graphics as, I have seen some of the screenshots of this game. And the graphics of Left 4 Dead is not as good as the graphics of Dead Island. I am sure that Dead Island is going to be the number one multi-platform Zombie game.