Thread: Bad performance of Crysis 2 using DirectX 11

Bad performance of Crysis 2 using DirectX 11

I am playing Crysis 2 on the computer of mine. Recently I have installed Crysis 1.9 patch with DX11 with high resolution of the textures packages. I have put all the settings on the ultra and DX11. I have also enabled the high resolution texture enabled. I am getting 24FPS when there is explosion into the game. it drops to 19 many times. Let me know how can I improve FPS in the game? any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Bad performance of Crysis 2 using DirectX 11

To figure out the root cause of the problem I wanted to know the answer of the below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you running? What is the hard ware configuration of the computer? do you have done any changes on the computer of yours? what was the status of the gameplay when there was no patch installed on the computer? Let me know if you are having any information which you can share over here.

Hi!!! Thanks a lot with the replying over here. I am posting below the system configuration of the computer of mine.
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5
    Memory : OCZ 2GB RAM 667MHZ
    Video Card : Inno3D Nvidia Geforce GTX470
    Hard Disk : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
    Hard Disk 2: HP Simple save 1TB
    Monitor : LG TV 37 INCH FULL HD 37LG55FR
    Case : Thermal take Mozart VC4000SNS HTPC

After looking at the system configuration of the computer of yours I let you know that you are having excellent GPU. The issue causing factor can be considered as Memory. The performance of the game is totally dependent on the combination which is it is used to execute the game. you are having really powerful rig but the RAM is of only 2GB. If you wanted to get the smooth gameplay than you should get the RAM of 3GB. Because this particular game require 3GB RAM for the smooth gameplay.

I am suspecting that the DX11 which you have installed on the computer will provide more details. Hence there GPU will be more intensive and I think it is the main reason of low FPS.

I don’t think so you are having any issue with the CPU and GPU. However I wondering that there could be an issue with the RAM of the game and you have to upgrade the RAM. I am sugge6ting that you should disable the DX11
    • and see whether you are getting any issue associated with FPS.
    • You have to go for Options and select Disabled for the DX11.
    • Also you can disable the High-Res Textures by using following.
    • You have to go for the Advanced Graphic Options and you have to select the No for the same.

I was also having the same issue which you have mentioned over here. I was also getting really low FPS when there was Aero on the computer of mine. I have simply disabled Aero and I got 50FPS while playing this particular game on the computer of mine. so try the same and let me know whether it was useful to you or not.

Looking at the matter you need to install the latest version of the graphic card drivers on the computer of yours. you can get the same from the official website of the graphic card manufacturer and you have to search for the latest version of the graphic card drivers and install the same on the computer of yours. once the installation process is complete you should restart the computer of yours.

I would agree with everyone and i would like to add that while you are having an excellent config, the let down is your ram which should have been atleast 4 gb and since you have a big screen and you are playing at max resolution with max settings, the gpu is letting you down. Try lowering anti aliasing settings. You should then get 30 fps i suppose. Also if you play it in dx10 though it wont be an eye candy as in dx11. It would still be great to look and give you about 50 fps.

I am not sure but there could be a bug issue with the game. so I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can use to fix the matter.