Thread: Confused between Console and PC gaming, which is better?

Confused between Console and PC gaming, which is better?

From last two years I was not concentrating on my PC gaming due to some reasons, but now I am back on my PC gaming. Now, I heard that many people were saying that console gamin is much better than PC gaming. But I always liked PC gaming from my experience. Now, I want to know from you people that, which is better gaming option, Console or PC? And also, why do you think so? So that, I can get idea a clear idea of which option is the better for playing games.

Re: Confused between Console and PC gaming, which is better?

According to me Console gaming is better, because console games are easier to learn and use than the PC games and you can find most of the PC games in Console versions also and some consoles allows you to use keyboards and mouse also. And also gaming consoles are generally placed in living room and that’s why they become more family oriented. And for all these reasons I like playing games on Consoles only, but I play some games on PC also.

I like PC gaming as I have noticed that consoles controllers only good for fighting games and they are really bad for First person shooter and Real time strategy games. And you said consoles are more family oriented because they are in living rooms but I always like to play game when I am alone and there is no one to disturb me while playing. Hence, I always prefer PC gaming only.

I think Console gaming is better. It is cheaper also, as you can get a gaming console in just $400 also but it can play high quality games and if you want to play same game then you will need a high cost computer having a very good and costly graphic card. And that is not enough, Every time when a new game comes out you may need to upgrade graphic cards or other things and it just increases the cost of playing games on PC.

In case of PC’s you don’t have to always buy games because you can get games from other ways also but in case of console’s you don’t have any other option and you have to buy games if you want to play them

I think that it most likely depends on which type of game you play. In case of me, I always play racing games only and for that gaming console is a better option. But, you can definitely say that nothing can challenge keyboard and mouse situation for First person shooter and Real time strategy games.

Yes, I think both are good for different-different types of games. According to me, for First person shooter (FPS), Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMOTPG), and Real time strategy games nothing can beat PC gaming. Though you can use keyboard and mouse with some consoles but then also they squeeze the console versions of games with large hit boxes and have to compensate for a thumbpad because of slowed down game speed. If you want then you can try playing Unreal Tournament 3 on PC and then on console. You will find that PC version is harder and much faster than that of console version.
    However, if you like to play Role Playing games, actions, sports and fighting games then I think you will enjoy better if you play them in Consoles.

Every time when a new game comes out you may need to upgrade graphic cards or other things and it just increases the cost of playing games on PC.
    I think you can get Computer with specs according to your budget which can last for longer time. And it surely doesn’t increase the value of consoles just because they don’t need to be upgraded. But, as they never get upgraded, you are just limited to those things which can be done with that rigid hardware.
    In case of Computers, we can upgrade and grow our Computers to get support for the latest features of latest games. It is true that consoles come at cheaper prices but you will not deny the fact they release a newer console very often and you have to buy then completely as you cannot upgrade them.

I have both a gaming PC and a gaming console and as mentioned above I also felt that for FPS, RTS, MMOTPG Computers are much better and I play them on computer only. However, I use my Xbox360 for sports and racing games and I enjoy playing them on 360

I will completely deny the myth that someone said gaming PC’s are costlier and consoles are cheaper. You can buy a decent Computer at the price of $ 500-800 and you can play almost all the game on them depending on what you bought. In addition to gaming you can also use then to do your other computing things. If you will buy a console then it will cost you around $350-450 but with that you have to buy a computer also to do at least basic computing stuffs. And if you do so then the combined cost will definitely go up to $900- to what you buy. In addition to that whenever you will buy a console version of game then it will cost $10-20 more than the PC version of game. Hence consoles will get costlier and costlier.
    In addition to that, if you like any game to be played in Consoles like as you said racing or action games then you can just buy a X360 Controller and connect it to PC. And you can play it on PC as you play it on any console.

I think everyone of us has a PC for now and so he can just invest approximately $250 to make your PC able to run all the latest games. And also you can just double the value of your PC by just downloading the mods and playing them. Also, PC games costs less $10 (on an average) than the console games so you if you buy 10 games then you will save $100 and you will recover your $250 when you buy some more games. So, according to all these Console gaming cannot replace PC gaming at least for those who already have a PC.