Thread: fallout 3 game of the year edition freezing in windows 7 64bit

fallout 3 game of the year edition freezing in windows 7 64bit

Hi, I have recently installed fallout 3: GOTY in my windows 7 64 bit running machine, but don’t know I am experiencing very awful problem with the game as well as with the windows.

Whenever I try to play the game it just freezes at some moment and nothing appears on the screen and nothing went ahead wherever it stuck. i don’t know what could be the problem but the clear thing is like whenever I start the game I keeps getting the same thing, and with no other option I must have to close the game with the help of task manager.

Re: fallout 3 game of the year edition freezing in windows 7 64bit

See there could be the same problem because of the operating system bit version. I mean to say if suppose the game is built for the 32 bit version so you’ll not be able to play the game until and unless you start the game with 32bit compatibility mode. Rather you can have another option as you should get another version which is actually intended for 64 bit version operating system.

Or else there is a software rather emulator that you can use for running the game. the name of that software is wow64 and that you can search from google, but it is strongly recommended.

make sure all the drivers that you have installed in the machine is perfectly working, and if suppose you are not getting anything problem with them then also it is strongly recommended that you should try to reinstall the drivers in the machine.

check the following thing before starting the game.
    1. Make sure game is perfectly installed.

2. Ensure that all the drivers regarding each and every hardware is working perfectly.

3. Disable antivirus for sometimes.

4. Install direct x 9 or above than that again

5. If suppose you are still having the same problem then reinstall the game. but before that make sure to uninstall the previous version from the computer.