Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installing Crysis 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches worth it?

Video Games

Old 04-09-2011

Installing Crysis 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches worth it?

Crysis have upgraded and released some patches of 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches. Everything is working fine for me now and I have got no problems yet, and I donít play online much. So, should I upgrade the patches or not? Are there any new enhanced features/ expansions in the patch? I had upgraded to 1.1 before and I started noticing lock-ups and many little issues. Thatís why I think I would not upgrade it yet.

Old 04-09-2011

Re: Installing Crysis 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches worth it?

No, donít update, unless you have some problems or bugs you are facing currently I would recommend you not to upgrade. This patch is mostly for multiplayer users. Since you donít play online much, it wonít bother you. Most bugs fixes for multiplayer only; so you must update if you want to play multiplayer, so, that might limit the idea. People are saying the yare getting lot of problems due to this patches too. So, better stay away. And as far as I know, the best thing is you should update your driver version rather than your game version, as it solves half of your problems and is much more important, if display is what you were looking for..
Old 04-09-2011

Yeah, this patch are horrible. Since I patched to 1.2 the back wheels of the jeeps just vanished and its just a empty space with jeeps in it. And if you shoot that empty space, you get a busted tyre which suddenly shows up out of nowhere. Havenít upgraded to 1.2.1 yet though.
Old 04-09-2011

Hey, I have a problem with Crysis patch file 1.2! i downloaded the patch file and when i click it it says C:\users\user\Desktop\Crysis_Patch_1_2.exe is not a valid Win32 applicatio. Have windows vista 32 bit if this helps and havenít even installed my patch yet and it is giving mr problems. I have Cat 8.3 which has solved the Visa Crystal. I do wanna try patch 1.2 as it may solve memory leaks which may take up memory space. These memory registries later make the game very slow.
Old 04-09-2011

What is Cat 8.3? I have Windows XP and also have updated Vista graphics fix. I also have all the patches installed. Is it a new patch or something? Or unrelated to the game??
Old 04-09-2011

Well, no itís not a patch of the game. I have ATI graphics card so Cat 8.3 is the latest driver of ATI called Catalyst. If you donít have ATI it should not concern you. I will say that if you install a game and it is working properly, than its better to avoid patches. Patches are mostly bug fixes, and they donít release out anything on it. For that they have expansions. So, donít just update thinking you will miss something. Coz these patches sometimes just ruin the game instead of enhancing it. Sometimes patches are released when thereís a huge problem that everyone has complained about. Then you must surely upgrade it.
Old 04-09-2011

Here are the fixes for patch 1.2:
ē Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
ē The arm disappearance fix in unarmed mode.
ē Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
ē Improved AI machinegun handling
ē Has Added auto team balance where players move from full teams to the opposing side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,