Thread: Installing Crysis 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches worth it?

Installing Crysis 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches worth it?

Crysis have upgraded and released some patches of 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches. Everything is working fine for me now and I have got no problems yet, and I don’t play online much. So, should I upgrade the patches or not? Are there any new enhanced features/ expansions in the patch? I had upgraded to 1.1 before and I started noticing lock-ups and many little issues. That’s why I think I would not upgrade it yet.

Re: Installing Crysis 1.2 and 1.2.1 patches worth it?

No, don’t update, unless you have some problems or bugs you are facing currently I would recommend you not to upgrade. This patch is mostly for multiplayer users. Since you don’t play online much, it won’t bother you. Most bugs fixes for multiplayer only; so you must update if you want to play multiplayer, so, that might limit the idea. People are saying the yare getting lot of problems due to this patches too. So, better stay away. And as far as I know, the best thing is you should update your driver version rather than your game version, as it solves half of your problems and is much more important, if display is what you were looking for..

Yeah, this patch are horrible. Since I patched to 1.2 the back wheels of the jeeps just vanished and its just a empty space with jeeps in it. And if you shoot that empty space, you get a busted tyre which suddenly shows up out of nowhere. Haven’t upgraded to 1.2.1 yet though.

Hey, I have a problem with Crysis patch file 1.2! i downloaded the patch file and when i click it it says C:\users\user\Desktop\Crysis_Patch_1_2.exe is not a valid Win32 applicatio. Have windows vista 32 bit if this helps and haven’t even installed my patch yet and it is giving mr problems. I have Cat 8.3 which has solved the Visa Crystal. I do wanna try patch 1.2 as it may solve memory leaks which may take up memory space. These memory registries later make the game very slow.

What is Cat 8.3? I have Windows XP and also have updated Vista graphics fix. I also have all the patches installed. Is it a new patch or something? Or unrelated to the game??

Well, no it’s not a patch of the game. I have ATI graphics card so Cat 8.3 is the latest driver of ATI called Catalyst. If you don’t have ATI it should not concern you. I will say that if you install a game and it is working properly, than its better to avoid patches. Patches are mostly bug fixes, and they don’t release out anything on it. For that they have expansions. So, don’t just update thinking you will miss something. Coz these patches sometimes just ruin the game instead of enhancing it. Sometimes patches are released when there’s a huge problem that everyone has complained about. Then you must surely upgrade it.

Here are the fixes for patch 1.2:
    • Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
    • The arm disappearance fix in unarmed mode.
    • Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
    • Improved AI machinegun handling
    • Has Added auto team balance where players move from full teams to the opposing side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced.