Thread: Unable to launch dirt 3 on windows 7 64 bit

Unable to launch dirt 3 on windows 7 64 bit

– Hi, I have recently install dirt 3 in my machine but don’t know what could be the problem but I am not able to play the game however with windows 7. Whenever I try to launch the game it just stuck at the starting LOGO and never went ahead. And as far as I know I have very good computer specification which I had bought for playing games only and in fact it meets the actual requirements for the game, then what could be the problem with it now?

Configuration:

motherboard: Intel DH55PJ
    Processor: Intel i3 530 2.93Ghz
    RAM: Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz + Kingston 2GB 1333Mhz = Total 6GB
    GPU: Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR5
    Western Digital 1TB SATA HDD (media colln.)
    Corsair VX450 PSU
    Seagate 160GB SATA HDD (OS + programs)
    Seagate 1TB SATA HDD (media colln.)
    operating system: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Any suggestion would be appreciated for resolving this.

Re: Unable to launch dirt 3 on windows 7 64 bit

Though you have very good machine but still there are many factors which can affect the game to be launched thus you should take care about that as well.

are you trying to play the game by means of any user account? if so then let me tell you that you should try to launch the game with administrative rights, in other words you have to launch the game with administrator account. because sometimes it happens as the operating system prevent the setup to be run with user account because of some security reason.

I also get this kind of problems too many times and thus after launching it this way helped me to play it perfectly.

It might be possible that game won’t be installed properly in the machine, thus according to me you should try to install it again in your machine and see what happens. But before installing newer copy of the game you should make sure about some things.

1. While reinstalling the game you should make sure that you have already uninstall the previous version first.

2. Delete all the cache and the registry file of that setup.
    3. (you can make use of any programs as well for removing contents from the machine)

4. After uninstalling the previous version begin installation with newer one, and if possible that you should try to install it from other setup rather than the one that you have already used.

Have you ever checked the drivers that you have installed for the particular hardware you have installed? Because see it is the most essential thing which is required to have in order to play such a high resolution game. and thus according to me you should get the latest driver first for you GPU and the try to play the game again, in fact I am sure you’ll be able to play it soon.

are you sure that you have 64bit version of the same game? though you have very good hardware’s and all the things but still you must have to have the game that runs on 64bit operating system. and thus if you don’t know which version you have you can simply figure out it, and if suppose you don’t have that version than you can have two options in order to play that game as you must have to run the game in compatibility mode, I mean to say you have to run the game in 32bit compatibility mode and you’ll be able to play the game without any hesitation.

if suppose you are still having the same problem then surely there could be some problem in your operating system, because almost each and every technique is mentioned over here, and no doubt I also had too many problems with different game but always used to get solution those games, but seem you have different case thus according to me reinstallation will only make you play this game.

make sure there isn’t any antivirus software preventing the game to be launched? Thus if you have installed any then make sure you have allowed access for the game.

I have also installed windows 7 64bit but still I can play all the games for sure, but still let me tell you as this is because of actually wow64 emulator. Thus I would like to recommend you to install it in your machine and load the game through this software.

This is the immulator through which you can load 32 bit software or any game on 64bit windows.