Thread: Getting ‘speed,exe stopped working’ error message in Need for Speed Most Wanted

Getting ‘speed,exe stopped working’ error message in Need for Speed Most Wanted

Recently I have installed Need For Speed Most Wanted on the computer of mine. As I have double click on the exe file of the game and begin with race I am getting an error message which can be stated as ‘speed.exe stopped working’ I don’t know why the above mentioned issue happening. Any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting ‘speed,exe stopped working’ error message in Need for Speed Most Wanted

To figure out the root cause of the matter of yours you have to answer the following question. What operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? is there any changes on the computer? do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? can you provide the log file of the error message which you are getting into the game? if you are having any other information than kindly share the same over here.

Re: Getting ‘speed,exe stopped working’ error message in Need for Speed Most Wanted

I am suggesting very basic thing which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to look for the exe file of the game and you have to right click on it.
    • Now you have to click on the Run as Administrator from the right click context menu and see whether it is working or not.

I have gone through the problem which you have stated over here and I am suspecting there is compatibility issue with the game. What I am suggesting that you should right click on the Speed.exe icon and you have to click on the Properties from the right click context menu. Now into resulting window you have to click on the Compatibility tab. On that tab you have to click on the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box. now you have to choose an appropriate option from the drop down box and see whether you are able to fix the matter of not.

Looking at the matter I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the user profile which you are using to play the game. you should create a new profile and try to play the game by using that particular profile and see whether it is working or not. if it is working than you should use the new one and delete the old user profile.

Well I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the graphic card drivers which you have installed on the computer of yours. you should simply reinstall the drivers because there could be corruption of the drivers on the system of yours. if reinstalling the drivers is not working than you should visit the official website of the graphic card manufacturer and look for the latest version of the graphic card drivers and you should download and install the same on the computer of yours.

I think you need to install the latest version of the DirectX on the computer. you should visit the official website and look for the latest version of the DirectX and install the same on the computer.

There is a possibly that there could be corruption of the game files which you have installed on the computer of yours. So I am suggesting that you should reinstall the game on the computer of yours. you have to uninstall the entire game and remove all the files which are associated with the game. after completing with the same you should reboot the computer and then you should install the game and try to play the game on the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that there could be bug issue with the game and hence you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and fix the bug issue from the game and release the patch which you should use to fix the matter which you are getting.