Thread: Performance with 64 players on one server in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

Performance with 64 players on one server in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

I was wondering if the game really works well with 64 players on a server, in the sense that they are correctly registered hits in both the players and objects and how the delay extended is. Up to now the smoothest game I have experienced is the 32 servers, while the 64-game players often seem not only be less smooth, but they also have many more errors and teleport. I wonder if this is a problem with the network code in the beta, and if a solution is to then.

Re: Performance with 64 players on one server in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

I think the hit reg is quite good in general, as well on the bigger servers. Up-close the hit registration wedges, but I observe this on all servers in spite of populations.

Re: Performance with 64 players on one server in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

64 combatants killed players acting a little weird sometimes, so I was a little worried how it would act in the bigger maps. There may be people attempting to run 64 servers on machines player not very up to par. Attempt the official servers TWI, as they must know the hardware requirements very well.

I have played on multiple servers from the start of the BETA, most of them ranging from 14 to 30 players. I decided to go to a larger server to have the player last night, now I've got a better feel for the game. I saw 0 differences in performance (61 players when I joined, the team rosters seemed to be filled when I was on that server). So if you are having problems with a server to have bigger players, whether your team is struggling to keep up with chaos or the server is not up to par, as others have said.

I have seen some crazy distortion and stuttering issues related to latency of 64 servants of man. Then there are some that work well. It just seems like some people do not have the right equipment for it.

So far it has been quite good in 64 player servers (the only game), maybe you should try some of the smaller ones for comparison, but without the contrast, and with over 5 years playing ROOST I can say that is good right now. Hit record might be a little loose at times at close range, or maybe just I have very bad luck. I noticed this when shooting from the hip Apartments MG parts inside. Might have just been bad aim, but I did think, however.