Thread: Too powerful range of SMGs in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

Too powerful range of SMGs in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

Is it me or are machine guns are very accurate means of long distance? I've had my time on my hands again and again by players with machine guns over long distances. I'm not sure this is a precise portrayal of the SMG, but I can be incorrect. It looks an ideal weapon for all circumstances at the moment.

Re: Too powerful range of SMGs in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

It occurs to me some times but I just place it as a lucky shot. It does definitely occur more frequently in RO2 then it did in RO, thank god for limited classes.

I feel that guns at RO2 “appear" to be deadly at longer ranges, but I like this. Not like FPS games out there cough Call of duty. SMG has a maximum effectual range of over 10 meters. As in RO2, the grouping of your shots are faster to open land controlled explosions require any hits in a decent range. But in its standard shooter who can only make the rounds do less damage at distances further to compensate.

I can surly believe a kill is likely at distance in actual life with a SMG, but the grouping of shots would be far away. It's a short barreled unusual weapon.

Well that's the thing, the TE-Apartments there’s a lot of machine guns. Yes, it's an approach over the map, but there are some situations, especially in the Potrova Park area where, even if you dig in the window and look out the other side where the shaft is generated, you will continue SMG threw that away. I feel it's a little unreal. If accuracy is the same, at least reduce the suppression of the distance so you can get a shot.

In actual life firearms don’t have harm ratings. If the bullet can strike you, it’s going to kill you most probable if it hits you in the correct place. Even the longer ranges people are getting killed at are at a standstill quite short <100 meters, which is meant to be the effectual range, but that does not mean it can't kill somebody further away, it’s just not as effectual. The range of people seems to further that killed at stake in this moment with the guns is not more than 200, but in real life could double that. Even with these people "unrealistic" zoom are underway about what it would be extremely difficult, if possible in this game.

It is certainly too precise at range. I was sniped by smg burst fire from all the way athwart the plaza. A sniper would be firm pressed to make that shot.

Bullets lose some power to 100-150 meters, but still enough to hurt a human. I think the SMG are mostly well, you still can score kills 50-60 meters with ease, which I think is well justified. Repeats me of a stage in a rivalry rifle shooting, where I was, a man was utilizing a MP5 for the stage and had to break down the metal plates at 100m.