Thread: Browser Server Work Around in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Browser Server Work Around in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Hello, I am playing the Red Orchestra 2 Beta version and having some problems. Thought you might be able to solve it. The particular issue is a grave one, that I cannot connect to the browser server. Whenever I browse for the available servers on the game, it always shows me 0 servers and it is filtering 0. What is the problem? Have they released any fix? Is there a workaround for this??

Re: Browser Server Work Around in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Yes, this is the problem that many are facing while playing the game. But, I searched in their forums and they have announced that they know about this possible bug and are currently working to remove it. It is a problem with the steam master server system that and the devs are addressing the issue with the Steam people. Until they do find a fix, there is a workaround the fix, by which you can totally avoid the glitch and connect to the server again.

• Go to the RO2 site on the steam community and copy the chat room link.
    • Make a shortcut on desktop of this link. Just click on desktop to create a new shortcut and paste the link there and it will save the file of the link there.
    • Open the shortcut.
    • Right click on any players that are in game playing. They are set to green in the chat menu.
    • Select server info to check ping then Join.
    • Join game and enjoy it.

The better workaround is to go to the Server browser while keeping your cursor at the foot of the screen until it fully loads the server list which takes about 30 seconds. Then select the browser you want to join and you can join it soon,

For the first step I don’t get what the 2nd and 3rd points mean? What shortcut are you talking about?? The Chat room link I have copied from the site, but don’t know hoe to create a shortcut.

Hello, you seem to not get what I mean when I said take a shortcut. It’s just a simple way to save any file which you need temporary so that you can delete it when it’s done. So, I said you just copy the link, which is in your clipboard, and then follow this step:
    • Right-click an open area on the desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
    • Just paste the copied link in the space where browse option for a file is done.
    • Click Next and you will get a New Internet Shortcut, just type any name and click Next.
    • Click Finish button appears at the bottom of the dialog box and a new shortcut is created of the link.
    Actually, come to think of it you don’t need a shortcut also. Just click that link and the chat room opens on the Steam page. Just find any green users on the room, which means they are joined on the server and right click for info to see the names of server they are joined. Just copy that server name and you are good to join.

I think they are going to soon solve this issue as they are working on it and have announced it. Till then try the official workaround method they have given, Exit your Steam completely and download the files MasterServer.vdf; If the files do not download when clicked, please right click this link and select "Save Target As..." and then override the main file on the C:\Program Files\Steam\config path. Now, you can see all the servers on the server and can select the server you want tot join.