Thread: Getting unstable FPS of 30 with Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Getting unstable FPS of 30 with Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

I recently got the RO2 game, but the problem is I am getting very low FPS from the game. I have tried altering the settings, but it’s simply of no use. Sometimes I do get around 50 Fps when I put all the settings to low, but its constantly 20-30 Fps only. I have spent fair amount of money for playing this game, someone please help me.

Re: Getting unstable FPS of 30 with Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Please tell me what is your Hardware Config and also what setting have you used for the game? You should try altering the settings to match your config, so that you achieve some high fps. Low fps gives crappy illusion of your game and the motion and inhibits user’s capacity to interact and play in the game. While FPS that vary from time to time give the uneven and choppy feel to the animation. Though many First person shooter games like Halo 3 are locked to 30 fps. There’s a reason for locking the game to low FPS, so that even the PCs with low config don’t have the varying problems due to the computational lodas in some parts of the game that may affect the performance of the game. That’s why they are locked to give a continues but attainable fps.

Yeah, but I have a good config of Asus Crosshair V: Gamers Edition motherboard, AMD Phenom-II x4 975 3.6 Ghz black edition processor and ASUS HD 6950 2GB DDR5 video card. So this is a fairly good config that outlasts the given recommended settings and any game should work perfectly with it. I also tried every possible combination of altering the graphics and turned them off or low but still nothing is working, it only makes a small difference of 5 fps.

Their will be unstable fps in the game as it is just a beta version. So, you will just have to wait for the original version for the stable performance. Also I would advise shutting off Skype, surely that would work somehow.

Turn the shadows from ‘Ultra’ to ‘Medium’. It gained up to 30 fps for me. Also turn Ambient Occlusion off. It is by default to Off. When you have custom setup or turn shadow to normal, it doesn’t uncheck or turns off the shadows. This worked for me and then increases it to more then 30 fps.

I have the following setup of i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz RAM and 2 x HD6870 Crossfire graphic card (Not over clocked). I usually get around 30-90 fps with the following setup:
    • 1920 x 1080 Resolution,
    • Vsync = On
    • Detail mode = Ultra: Character detail= Ultra, Texture Quality = Ultra, Shadow Quality = High
    • FX Quality = High, Anti-Aliasing = MLAA Ultra
    • Lighting Quality = High, Foliage Quality = High. Bloom = On
    • Ambient Occlusion = On, Framerate Smoothing = Off
    Though it is very unstable when it comes to Fps, and I feel it is because of the Beta version, I am sure the will cap it at a rate in the final version.