Thread: Can’t find Wolves in The Pioneer Trail

Can’t find Wolves in The Pioneer Trail

Truly, 1 wolf every 50 rations used and we have to get 30, sorry, but that is just BS! I actually enjoyed playing PT until I landed on Avalanche Pass, but that level is just insane, unless of course you want to spend a fortune paying to finish all the missions! And my "ask for more" Dynamite Fuse thing inside the storm shelter is STILL not bloody working!

Re: Can’t find Wolves in The Pioneer Trail

A little different for me, I've been stuck on 28/30 wolves for over 24 hours now, I've killed over 20 other wolves but it won't register over 28, then I get the "blasted internet" crap.

I have been on the wolf mission since Friday and only have 18. I have tried fishing several times and get none. I am going to run out of trees to chop before I find them all. Then what? This is insane! Zero wolves in five days, and I've done everything with my hunter avatar to find them. My husband's game had wolves everywhere; I am a wolf-free zone.

I got them all in one day, spread out an hour here and there, but it cost me a lot of horse shoes, probably 12 -15 full ration refills at 35hs a pop. I cut down almost all of my trees, there were about 4 left when I finished. I never found any wolves doing anything other than hacking the trees (I tried a lot of other things with my hunter but didn't get any). I know it's frustrating but don't bother rushing, there's nothing to do once you're done shooting the wolves anyway (except that 100 hits to the rocks, exactly like the beaver boring). I regret burning through all those has just to finish and see what was next, while the answer is nothing. Now all I have to do is harvest crab apples and dig up stumps and wait for when I can ask for wagon items again.

This is what worked for me. Except I had to click on the one closes to the pond next to the message board. I clicked, then waited for the minute to pass then clicked again. I did them one right after the other without doing anything in between. I guess I was afraid of jinxing it. I guess you just need to find the right fishing hole.

I finally got the wolf mission and the first thing I did was harvest all my trillium with my hunter since trillium is part of the quest. I got 4 wolves, not too bad, I guess. But then I tried the fishing tip and great! It's really working!! I fished one hole at a time till I got a wolf. Soon as I found the hole that spawned the wolf, I just wait the one minute, hit it again, and BAM! Another wolf! I've gotten one every time. It's a little slower now, because I am out of rations in my storage, so I'm literally clicking on the same hole every 5 minutes! Watching a movie in the mean time, so I don't stress out!

My wolves are coming only from the Spruce Trees. But it counts not over 27, than comes this Blasted Internet thing. I think i give it up for a few Days.

I was also wondering if we at all can get wolves after that mission. I want to be able to do the collection and I got 4 collectibles of all 30 wolfs, 2 of them was the same so I still need two kind of collectibles of the wolfs. I think I have used 200 rations on my hunter after the mission and all I got have been Canada goose and gnarly goats.