Thread: Do you add Stranger in the Pioneer Trail?

Do you add Stranger in the Pioneer Trail?

I am having total 5 neighbors because none of my other friends play this game. So I want to ask that should I add strangers. I am not sure about this but it sounds weird and unsafe. What will you do if this would be the case for you?

Re: Do you add Stranger in the Pioneer Trail?

I would like to tell you that there are some ways by which you will be able to protect your account to keep strangers as of viewing too much information on it. For the record, I have added lots of people strictly for gaming. Some of them I even talk to more than my "real" friends on facebook. The nice thing regarding someone you don't know is that if they give you a weird vibe or you just don't like them for whatever reason, you can just remove them devoid of worrying about hurting a family member's feelings or something.

I had to add strangers. Honestly speaking that I have never had a problem. You will be able to customize lists so they don't see any of your personal status updates. Some of my gaming friends I have come to are really good and even if I stopped playing I would keep them like my friends.

I have a few awesome neighbors that I found thru add me section. Once you add some and if you are a good neighbor they will recommend you to their neighbors and you will have all the ones you need to progress. I have friends from all over the world. It’s a lot of fun. I have made very nice friends on the games and no doubt you will too. Most of my friends have come from other friends. I have also found when I get requests as of people on their friends list that I don't know, it is helpful to ask my current friend if they would recommend them as a neighbor. If they don't recommend, I just don't add them. If you can, it also may help to see what levels the people are at who are requesting you to be their neighbor, people in higher levels usually are good players and neighbors. I hope that this will help you and if you ever don't feel comfortable with a neighbor, just remember you can always remove them from the list.

You can just ask the five fried who are as neighbor right now to recommend you for their active friends and then you can add them as a friend. This will be the best for you.

I have added 600 people for different games and I have no bad experiences. When they write to the wall, they usually write about their kids or complain about their jobs. This is just the usual stuff for me. Some people post music videos from YouTube. I have a few neighbors who sometimes post religious stuff, but I don't mind that even though I'm not a member of any religion myself.

I would vote for a yes also. Personally I set up a game just account since I felt weird regarding adding strangers to my personal account, but having gotten used to seeing a lot of my neighbors every day on FB I would consider going back to the one account if not for the fact that I would go from my 102 level game back to a level 18 or something stupid like that with nothing built or anything. I quite like some of my neighbors, some are tops people. Since this is a game only account I do try not to interfere into their personal lives though.

My answer is also yes and here are the supporting points for that:
    • You will be able to block them from seeing all of your personal stuff.
    • You can acquire the best neighbors by adding strangers.
    • You don't have to talk to them but you may find you have some stuff in common.
    • They can become some of the best friends you'll ever have.

You will quickly learn that there are a lot of great people and characters in the community if you add the strangers.

I can add my voice to the "yes, do it" chorus. My neighbors are awesome and I think only one of them is someone I know off-line. Having said that, I've been using forums for about 10 years so 90% of my non-gaming friends are people I've never met either.