Thread: Maintaining the timeline in Achron game

Maintaining the timeline in Achron game

My question is that if you do not change the orders of unit1.0, can it mechanically enter a chrono gate otherwise, do you have to ensure that unit1.0 makes it throughout the gate? Please reply if you have anything to share on this.

Re: Maintaining the timeline in Achron game

Sorry if I misunderstand what you asked but yes you should ensure that your original unit makes it to the chronoporter gate. If for a few reason your unit cannot chronoport then your unit will not be send reverse in time. I believe that you are talking regarding the ontological 'paradox' where you send the unit back. To save a base, If your challenger disrupts it someway then your base might be destroyed and your unit never gets sent return to the help defend it. I am sorry if this doesn't make sense, I am sure someone else will clarify it better.

I would like to tell you that it is not easy to resolve the things manually. If you are providing the different chronoport order for some reason or even if that looks alike to the former that unit will have a different identity in the past and will not go through the same orders.

I am trying to make this as clear as possible. So here are my points about this:
    • Unit IDs are allocated to units while they are created. Orders are assigned to unit IDs (while you click on a unit and provide it commands being stored through the ID).
    • Chronoportation arrivals count as 'unit creation' for this purpose and the chronoported unit / chronoclone will encompass its own exclusive ID.
    • ID is assigned based on a utility of the construction time, the creation location and the unit kind.

According to you, the identity of the unit depends on categorize which was used to send it back within the past? I didn't know that. So, if you only move the original unit close to a chronoporter for it to execute the Chronoport order at the same spot then it should go back in time using the already existing order and follow the similar orders as its primary instance, correct? You offer 2 some orders otherwise something and your chronoporter gets destroyed, therefore you build a chronoporter close to the destroyed one and one should still execute the similar chronoport order it initially used.