Thread: Achron game lagging on Windows 7

Achron game lagging on Windows 7

I have recently purchased a brand new computer which is able to play the blu-ra and stuff and this is like the HD computer. I am having the Windows 7 operating system installed in that. Well anyways, I bought this game and I installed that on my computer. Now when I go on to the main menu it is fine. But if I go to campaign otherwise something the lag is terrible. It is really bad, therefore what I am asking is, is there any technique of fixing the problem similar to the screen size or the graphics or something else? Please reply.

Re: Achron game lagging on Windows 7

I don’t think that the Windows 7 is the problem for that as this is developed for the platform among others. What are the video card that you are having. You can try by updating that. Other than this, you can also try to lower the video settings as of the main menu. See any of this helps you.

You can just press the start and in the search box type 'dxdiag' and then press enter. When the program loads it may or may not ask about signed drivers. Just ignore this message and press no. Now go to the display tab and this will show you what graphics card you have. As for the lagging, that could be all sorts of reasons. Have you tried lowering the video settings? Maybe it’s simply the graphics is set too high. Even on my laptop it lags on high settings so try turning them down. Another thing could be what RAM and processer size do you have? That’s shown under the system tab in the dxdiag program. If it’s a new computer then this shouldn't really be the issue but you never know. Also try updating your graphic drivers. Sometimes even new computers come with outdated drivers for your hardware.

If you want to ensure that you are using the updated driver then you can do this from the below given link and if it is not updated then update it ASAP.
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you go to the control panel as of the start menu and after that system then it will show you that under system type that whether you are running 32bit otherwise 64bit Windows 7. Ensure that you download the accurate drivers for your version because they needed dissimilar drivers. So it is most important to install the proper driver otherwise it will not function properly.

Within your "documents" folder, you must be having a Achron folder. In this folder, there must be a file as configuration.ini. The first two lines are those that permit you to modify your resolution. To check which resolutions your computer supports, right click on your desktop, click personalize, click "monitor settings"(or else however it's there), and you must see a slider which allows you to pick different and the options on which slider show which resolutions your monitor supports. If you click "OK", you will apply this resolution to each your windows that you don't want to do. The elevated value is almost always the horizontal resolution. If you fill these in, save the file and start Achron it should be running at that resolution.

That is a consequence of the lagging. The mouse is something that lags when the game is getting low on FPS. The only fix for this would be putting everything even lower I think. Or it could be another bug, for that you would need to ask Hazard about. I would recommend turning on the option "Show FPS" and give us the FPS value so we can diagnose this further.

There is one simple way to get this issue resolved. You will have to set the OSDrawnMouse=1. It won't be the thematic game cursor but it will also be lag free. I hope this will be helpful.