Thread: Getting segmentation fault while Achron game load

Getting segmentation fault while Achron game load

I have installed the 0.8.0.0 and this is the first time I ran that and it made it to the menu fine. I proceeded to play the demo campaign, and before the level finished loading, the game segfaulted. After this, I ran that again and it shows me the following message:
    Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    0x00007ffff59f4f79 in readdir64 () from /lib/libc.so.6
    I am not able to play this game for a number of releases no, and am getting a bit sad by that fact. Is there some method to get debug output otherwise to get additional verbose error messages?

Re: Getting segmentation fault while Achron game load

First of all, I want to ask that what is the distro you are running and what driver are you running for your graphics card? I am asking this because I have doubt that this is your issue is coming from readdir, is it creating and populating Achron? It is supposed to contain everything which the Achron_LocalUserData directory is having.

Thank you for the reply. The distro, I am having is the Ubuntu 10.10 and I am having the NVidia 260.19.06 driver for my GeForce 9600 GT. If I try to rename the directory rerunning Achron then I get the message saying “This was installed using the debian package provided on the website.” /usr/local/Achron/ doesn't contain the Achron_LocalUserData that it seems to be requesting. However, it does exist in prior tarballs I have extracted to my Build directory.

This is looking very odd. What you can do is, try to make use of the "mkdir replays" in .Achron/ as this might be what it is looking for.

The problem could be one of two things. We have noticed on Linux that if there's something off with the sound, heap corruption can occur and you can get bizarre, unexpected errors. I am not sure yet whether or not this is OpenAL code, something else in the sound stack, or our code, but we have recently put more checks in on our side of the code to prevent those sorts of errors from occurring. Those changes didn't make it into the 0.8.1.0 Linux build but will be in the next one. The problem can be the exacting format attempted. You can try opening up ~/.Achron/configuration.ini, and setting it as below:

DisplayXResolution=something smallish
    DisplayYResolution=something smallish

NumLightSources=2
    PreciseLighting=0
    ShadowMapSize=0
    PCFShadows=0

AnisotropicLevel=0
    FullScreenAntiAliasingSamples=0