Thread: Unable to run Achron game with 64 bit windows 7

Unable to run Achron game with 64 bit windows 7

Hi, I am using windows 7 64bit from last couple of months but never ever got any such problem with the PC as any games properly runs on this machine, in fact I when I had bought the machine it actually intended for gaming only, thus almost each and every hardware I have installed in the machine is quite very good.

But as the title implies, I am not able to get it run however as u have almost tried each and every time I start the machine.
    It might be possible that the game is actually not meant for this is, or I might be wrong.

But please tell me about that as I am very eager to have this game for my machine.

Re: Unable to run Achron game with 64 bit windows 7

I am not sure whether this game will run or not but still have you ever checked the minimum hardware requirement for the game? Because see though you have very good hardware installed in the machine but as the days passes it suppose to get older. And after all there are too many game comes up with different configuration and different requirements.

Thus according to me you should first of all try to make sure that you have that enough hardware installed to run thins game.

I hope you know the minimum requirements, or else you can simply check their respective website in order to get this information.

Try to run the game in 32bit compatibility mode, as there are certain games that only runs with compatibility mode.

I am agreeing with the above user thus I am just posting the minimum system requirements that you must have to have in order to play this game.

Intel CPU- Pentium 4 1.3GHz or more

Nvidia GFX Card- GeForce 6600 or Radeon HD 3400 Series or higher than that

RAM – 1GB at least

HDD Space- 1 GB

Direct X- 9 or above.

Though the specifications is too low, but still I don’t think you’ll be able to run this on windows7 64bit but have a one more try.

I am also running the same version of operating system in my machine and almost all the games run perfectly with the machine as by means of WOW64.

And through this it's really odd for a suitable 32bit game to have problem with 64bit, as far as I know. Thu I would also suggest you the same thing as you should first of all have this software installed in your machine to play such a games.

You can have another option as well like you should get the latest graphic driver for your machine as I have seen so many people playing this game in there machine with updating it.

I am sure as this is the game is meant for 32 bit and you’ll not be able to run the game on 64bit windows but still as the above user mentioned you can either run the game in compatibility mode or simply install wow64 in your machine.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but will you please let me know what is wow64?
    As I haven’t ever heard about any such software ever before? from where can I get it?

Yeah I am also having wow64 installed in my machine and I would like to tell you about that as WoW64 on Windows 64-bit is a subsystem of the current OS that is capable of running 32-bit software and application and is included on all 64-bit versions of Windows.

It actually intended to generate a 32-bit environment that offers the interfaces necessary to let 32-bit Windows software to run unchanged in the 64-bit system.

Technically, WoW64 is implemented using three dynamic-link libraries that’s DLLs:

I am not very much sure about the functioning of them but they are namely Wow64.dll, Wow64win.dll, and Wow64cpu.dll.