Thread: Is there any map editor for archon game?

Is there any map editor for archon game?

I want to talk about the special map constructs which is having the tactical significance for the players. As we can see in the Starcraft 2 that, there are two major examples which are destructive rocks and the Xel'Naga watchtowers. What type of the interesting linear as well as achronal map features can we brainstorm which could be implemented within Achron? If you have anything to share or discuss then please post that here.

re: Is there any map editor for archon game?

I want to highlight some of the points over here:
    • Time storms form at arbitrary locations midmap at casual times as of the midgame onwards. They are basically wide circular regions that last for a minute or two.
    • Storms are chronal as they have a rigid launch and finish time and their location does not shift.
    • Whenever a storm arrives on timeline (as of the future edge), all players are notified through the message. Clicking on the message centers the camera on the storm's spatial location.
    • When a storm ends then it will chronoport all units inside its radius to its start.

I like the idea of standard neutral map features as well as chronoporting map features. I don't make out how well the time storm would work since as soon as the arrival location falls off the timeline for the functionality of the area changes toward killing the entire inhabitants. This is a common difficulty through all neutral chronoport areas because they can go off the timeline.

As long as the arrival has already been propagated then it would not do arrival falling off the timeline and it does not matter since arrived unit already exists? I like the ideas posted above and particularly the ladder.

If the arrival has previously propagated then the unit is not lost. Maybe I can simplify the point that automatic natural chronoports could direct to large instabilities within the timeline as small changes into position would modify chronoporting. With simple chronoporting it is probable that perma-clones otherwise missing arrivals could happen. The system would require to be well thought out if the timeline is to be sensibly stable.

Chronoport distance is a huge factor in the constancy of the timeline. With a little distance there is less meta-time in which missing departures otherwise arrivals can happen. Low distance has low value so a good tradeoff needs to be established. Requiring the unit to end in the ladder area to utilize it is a good way to decrease the chaos. I don't know if a comparable system could function for storm.

Each of the neutral chronoport features will contain a range smaller as compared to that of the UPP, just similar to the usual chronoports. Furthermore, the usual rechronoport delay effects will apply. I cannot recognize that how this can be used for permacloning, because the units well be well into the UPP once the appearance time falls off the event horizon. Furthermore, there's no reason for enemies to try and UPPercut units waiting to chronoport in the UPP once the arrival has fallen off the timeline: this is because the arrival is immutable, and the "departue" is completely equivalent to destroying the units.

I also have some ideas for this which is listed below:
    1. Neutral creeps which are having the passive AI are guarding expansions. This makes a military force a requirement in order to defeat it. This also allows the interesting likelihood of nanosubverting the creeps to expand additional reinforcements.
    2. Patches of land which are chronally out of sync. When moving/teleporting/whatever to area, the unit is immediately chronoported back otherwise forward in time a definite distance. The reverse happens when the unit moves out. A patch of land which was chronally in the future would be advantageous like a base location, as it would permit free attacks into the past, and enemies that got in would be shifted to the future. A patch of the land chronally within the past would be equally disadvantageous. So there should be caution while chronally.
    3. For the Destructable barriers, which are achronal, we can use echo attacks to destroy them with no loss, otherwise continuously attack them for faster destruction, it’s your choice. Move past the barrier at any point while it is destroyed. There must also be achronal units guarding expansions which do this. Having players who have achronal units could be challenging but this is more interesting.
    4. Neutral healing units which are allied through every player, but don't share vision. They will repair any unit that comes in their radius.

Ideas are quite good but I am not agreeing the first one because I disliked the whole neutral creep mechanic in Warcraft 3 itself.

This idea is pretty close to the chronoenergy lowering "command towers". I can see getting the AI to properly pursue units over the border to be a pain tough. I guess the idea is that teleporting would persuade the time shift also and which should not be able to shoot over the border. It also plays with propagation times making an attack "uphill" more sneaky. It would be fun if it could be done with continuous fields, but I guess there is no obvious engine support for that.

The achronal idea could work for an achronal bunker that is really hard to destroy, destroying the enemys achronal bunker is equal to the immediate loss for that player. But yeah, other achronal objects could be used to chronoclone too easily. Perhaps an achronal flying watch tower that gave vision to a particular area for both players would be interesting.