Thread: Arbitrary weapon bonus and overcomplicating armor in Achron Game

Arbitrary weapon bonus and overcomplicating armor in Achron Game

I have seen the game trailers over the sites for the Achron game. I have pointed out that there is the damage modifier. Which has actually 2 different weapons type and armour type. This actually used with the Air and Ground play. As what I seen in it I think there is the unit related damage modifications. I seen that the marine has a damage bonus which is really unspecified against the Mar. so is there any problem with the game regarding the units. How this hidden damages are forceful. I have seen this which makes me really overcomplicated system. So is there any way to balance this.

Re: Arbitrary weapon bonus and overcomplicating armor in Achron Game

I have also seen this annoying thing in the Achron game. I think there is some sort of the problem with game. There is something fault in the variable values for the various units. I have seen that only the marines will be able to have the resistance against the mars and twinmars. So they have increased the damage and resistance values for the marines. Which I think looks really annoying for me. Also I have pointed out that the special ops have been reduced damage and resistance so they actually die in only 2 hits . mechs in the game also have the stronger resistance against only the frigates and also has the same damage for air units. All those things are really annoying for me. The game is not yet launched and launching tomorrow so let’s hop those problems gets resolved by them.

I have also pointed out this and I think it’s wrong in anyway if we think. I don’t like the damage modifier for the specific units it really annoying. Rather than there is need to be the good balance of the game complexity and variety in the armor types.

I have the game with me right now. so I have searched for the file which actually keeps the track of all those things. It’s actually stored in the achron.ocs file. I have seen that there is -3 weapon reaction entries for each unit in the game. yes I agree that the overlay is bit complicated fr us but one advantage is available for the game is that the auto balancing . I have seen also other thing in this file that the there are values form .7 to 2.2 so I think this is actually the multipliers for the damage causing to the units.

Yes I agree with all of you that there are the hidden variables for some units in the game. I have noted down the damage level of the Octos vs. other units like pitiful, zayin and so on.
    • Vs zayin pulsers 4
    • Vs twinmars 6
    • Vs mars 4
    • Vs ATHC its 7
    • Vs octopods 8
    • Vs octoligos 6
    • Vs tanks 8
    • Vs zayin terchers 3
    • Vs Pitiful 3
    • Vs CESO turrets 2

So it’s really confusing for me that the octos are that much weaker in the game which are actually needed to be stronger against the tanks and turrets. So that needs to be changed.

Yes I have also noticed that about the octos . The zayin terchers are more stronger against the octos. twinmars tecks half of the damage from the octos . If we use the ATHC and ignore the turrets which get heavily damaged. So on this aspect ATHC is the weaker unit for me.

Yes not all the units get affected by this. I have pointed out that the marines and mars are affected mostly. But the advantage of the mars is that they have the long range and splash. Still marines never give those units any chance of the fighting. The one of the heavily affected unit which I see in the game is the twinmar. Which actually mostly suffer? According to me the mars has to lose anti air which used to intercept. Also need to be done same changes to them since the units actually west the time for shooting the air troops.

I have pointed out something interesting about in game units. I have opened the xml of the game file to see what is in the file which is affecting those units. I have found that it has the damage bonus system in it nor really confirm about it but it looks like the damage related itself. I think those values has some effect over the AI unit itself.

As what I see from this that there need to be the balance in the damage system. I have created the list for the Octo which need to be done for them. It’s my own opinion regarding the them. So there need to be such a changes for all the other units also.
    This list is basically for the Octo damage
    • 40% Turret and Upgraded Turret
    • 50% to Zayin Tercher
    • 65% Zayin Pulser
    • 70% Octo
    • 80% MAR
    • 85% Mech
    • 100% Twin Mar
    • 110% to Octoligo
    • 120% to Shin Vir
    • 130% ATHC
    • 140% to Octopod
    • 150% Tank and Heavy Tank
    • 160% to Teth Vir

yes there need to be the balance between the specific units for their levels. octo really has the lack of range while attacking and only can do the melee attacks. Also they cause less damage against the units like mar and zpulsers which are basically the splash damage units. So they have to check the different factors in different vs situations to make it balanced.

I have seen the game. So I don’t know why the octos has the less damage while battling against the turrets units. Also turrets can create the wall and protect them from the octo attacks. Also I have seen that they can battle with mars easily due to they are strong against air and ground defence. If you want marines to be stronger while playing so defend yourself behind the factories. It will gives you the chance to defend yourself against them.