Thread: windows closes while starting achron game

windows closes while starting achron game

Hi friends I am running windows vista operating system in my laptop and I normally play all strategy games in my laptop. in my laptop I have recently downloaded achron game in my computer and I am facing problem after installing the game. Now whenever I click on the game icon at that time one window appears and after that it gives me as message that game was closed because of Data Execution Prevention. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: windows closes while starting achron game

I have read your problem regarding achron game issue in your laptop and I would like to help you but you have not mentioned anything about your laptop. first let me know which laptop you are using and also provide spacification of your laptop.

Sorry for not mentioning my laptop specification. it is a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop which is around 1 and half year old. in my laptop I have Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 @1.86GHz 1.87 GHz and RAM of 2GB and my laptop have 320GB hard drive. Graphic processor is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0. In my laptop other game is working fine but this game is giving me issues. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

the problem which you are facing in with this game is occurs because of the graphic drivers and if you want to solve this issue then you have to first try to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in your laptop and after reinstalling the graphic drivers in your laptop you have to try to start the game and after that check whether you are facing the same problem or not. if you are facing the same problem after reinstalling the graphic drivers in your Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop then I would like to tell you that try to solve this problem by downloading the latest drivers from the Dell website and after downloading the latest drivers you have to install it in your laptop and after installing that drivers in your laptop you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. I think after that you will be able to run the game properly in your laptop.

Well did you tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Achrons game in your laptop. Some times because of the corrupt installation also this type of the problem can take place and that is why I would like to suggest you that uninstall the game from your laptop and after that install it again.

Well if you want to download the latest graphic drivers for your Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop then you can download it by clicking here DOWNLOAD drivers. Now after clicking on this link you have to select your laptop model and after that you have to select the video from the download category and then you have to select operating system and after that download the drivers and then install it in your laptop and after that start the game and then see what happens after that.

there was similar problem occurred with me and I am using HP laptop and when I have installed the Achron game in my laptop and after that when I tried to start it at that time I was getting the same problem and after that I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in my laptop and after reinstalling the drivers also I was not able to play that game in my laptop. now after that I have also installed updated drivers in my laptop and after installing the latest drivers also I was also facing the same problem. now after that i thought that reinstalling the game will help me to solve this issue but after reinstalling the game also I get the same issue. now after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet and from the internet I have came to know that this game requires updated Direct X and after that I have downloaded latest Direct X in my laptop and after installing the latest Direct X in my laptop when I tried to start the game at that time it worked fine. If you are running old version of the Direct X in your laptop then first update it and after that your problem will get solved.

You have said that you are getting game was closed because of Data Execution Prevention while trying to launch the Achron game and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to first enable Data Execution Prevention in your laptop and after enabling it your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to enable the Data Execution Prevention option then you have to follow these steps.
    • First you have to open the start menu and after that you have to type sysdm.cpl in start menu search box.
    • Now after doing that you have to click on the advance tab.
    • After clicking on the advance tab you have to click on the settings under Performance.
    • In the settings you have to click on the Data Execution Prevention tab and then you have to click on the turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
    • Now you have to click on the Add button and after that add your game launch file in that and then click on the OK button.

After doing this you will be able to start the game in your laptop.

Thank you for helping me enabling the Data Execution Prevention in my laptop has done the trick and after enabling that when I have start the Achron game at that time it worked properly and I am not facing any issue with this game. I really appreciate your help.