Thread: How to change the Resolution of Achron

How to change the Resolution of Achron

Is there a way to change the resolution? I can't seem to find it in the menus, but I wanted to check if changing the resolution would improve my performance. It's a bit sluggish when there are very high numbers of units (The Forest Mission of the Campaign for instance) or if medium groups end up attacking.

Re: How to change the Resolution of Achron

What operating system are you running? I know if you're running Linux, you edit ~/.Achron/configuration.ini. Check your installation folder to see if you can find that file.

I'll give that a try. I'm running Windows 7 Professional myself. I'm assuming the standard resolutions would all be acceptable? 800x600, 1280x800, etc. Improved fairly drastically by lowering the resolution, but mouse is still sluggish if I zoom out too far. Any more means of optimizing performance for an Intel Integrated Chipset? I may not be great at RTS games, but I want to at least have the game running at the best I can get it for this tournament.

Any resolution should be acceptable, though I haven't tried some really wonky ones. The only one I've tried is 1280x720 and it worked fine for me. Anyway I just checked my Windows XP install, and it's in My Documents\Achron, so try whatever the equivalent is for you. Should be Documents, or something like that.

There's a setting you can change in configuration.ini that will use the system cursor instead of the redrawn one. I think it's this one: OSDrawnMouse=0. Change that to 1 and tell me how that works.

I've got a fairly powerful computer and I still get a little mouse lag. Only time I don't get mouse lag is on my Arch Linux install, but the problem with that is I'm currently getting a seg fault I am trying to resolve.

It will run at any resolution, but if it isn't a resolution your graphics card directly recognizes (either default or custom resolutions) it will actually be running with the system at the next highest resolution, but only rendering the resolution you want. Basically, you get the resolution you input, but in the smallest container the system can provide (which can be changed with custom resolutions). However, this is only important for those using Fraps or other recording software.