Thread: Getting “Error Initializing Frame Buffer Object” error at the end of Achron loading

Getting “Error Initializing Frame Buffer Object” error at the end of Achron loading

One of my friend and me has some issue or I can say, we get some error in this game. We gets an error 'Error Initializing Frame Buffer Object' at the end of loading, both single and multiplayer game. I don't have all his specs right now, but his graphics card is an ATI Radeon 4800 series, and he has updated his drivers very recently. I'll try to pass any messages from here to him and back. So if anyone has any idea about this than please provide.

Re: Getting “Error Initializing Frame Buffer Object” error at the end of Achron loading

First up, what resolution is he running? Is he running at some color depth other than 32-bit? What OS? Try setting your graphics to "low". It's most likely the Anti-aliasing. What version or date are your drivers?

Re: Getting “Error Initializing Frame Buffer Object” error at the end of Achron loading

Fixed after setting graphics to low. I did also change my screen resolution, not sure which did the trick. Sweet game. I am trying to get my friends to buy so we can try out multiplayer. Out of curiosity, I've been trying the grandfather paradox quick game out and find that when I transport units back in time and then destroy the chronoporter that they will use in the future, I end up with one alive mech after several time waves pass. I thought that when the time wave stops the chronoevent (which it does after the chronoporter is destroyed) that it should also stop the chronoevent in the past as they are connected.

The time of the arrival will fall off the left edge of the timeline into the immutable past. At this point no more time waves will pass the arrival point, so the paradox is locked into its final state (the one where the mech arrives and the chronoporter dies), as the arrival has become fixed.

You are correct in thinking that stopping the departure should prevent the arrival. The next time wave to observe the arrival will realize that since no units departed, no units should arrive. As it's a grandfather paradox, no arrival means the departure will happen, which then means the units arrive and the departure can't happen, making it alternate between the two scenarios.