Thread: What is Project Pharochan in Achron

What is Project Pharochan in Achron

Anyone have any idea about this? I just find some information about this. Project Pharochan is a community run project to create various media related to the character Pharochan. Pharochan is essentially a carbonized version of a Grekim Pharo. At all times, shpler should be cute, quirky, funny, or intellectual. Pharochan is loosely based off of the Tachikoma character from Ghost in the Shell. However instead of an array of tachikomas, they should be chronoclones of Pharochan (though this isn't a rule).

Re: What is Project Pharochan in Achron

Anyway, glad you liked my idea so much! I approve of this project. Your first contribution was silly and funny, but I think the facial expressions are a bit weird. Pharo-chan's "Damn you're annoying" looks more smug than annoyed, he should have a face more like his chronoclones in the previous panel (with the four deadpan-looking eyes).

You could darken the characters in certain areas; this will look like injury without looking like gore. Then, in the last version when the marines are dead, they would be 70% darkened. There are lots of tricks you can do to visualize damage without actually using gore.

Also, I am not very good with facial expressions, but I thought I did an alright job on the first comic. Maybe they look odd because they aren't what you expect? From start to finish they are supposed to be blissful happiness, bored, surprised/angry, interested/happy, whiney/sad, a little patronizing, annoyed/thinking, smug/happy, smug/annoyed, cute/smug. In the last panel, Pharochan is supposed to be smug because shplee sees the irony.

I guess it didn't occur to me that the game's not really all that gorey. The gore in the comic script was really more of shorthand for what happened. If there is a way to imply the same thing without gore I'd be all for it.