Thread: Is internet connection necessary to activate Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Is internet connection necessary to activate Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I want to purchase the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution game. But I don’t have the internet connection. And as per what I have heard that the game required the activation and internet connection while playing the game. I can be wrong in the information what I have known. So can this is possible to play the game without activating the game and play it without the net connection. So is there the pc boxed version of the game can be played without activating it or not connecting it to internet. If this is the case then I am not purchasing the game at any cost. Since I don’t like the DRM protection system which is on all the games available .

Re: Is internet connection necessary to activate Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I think there is no other way to play the game without the internet connection legally. If want to play the game illegally then there are many ways but this will make you illegal user for the game. i will suggest you to use the other service where the game is available without the activation one of such a service is the onlive and this service doesn’t requires the high end system to run the game only internet connection is necessary. But you don’t want the internet connection for the game.

Steam has the offline mode which is good solution for the user like you who don’t want to connect the game to internet every time. But I am really unhappy about the DRM system which is accepted by the all the game developers. Since due to this many of the genuine users are facing problems. And if you want to play the game only one way is there activating game over steam otherwise avoid the game.

I have the game purchased the retail copy of the game from store. So as per what I know about the game is that the game requires the internet connection to activate it. It’s the way in which the steam works actually running .you need only one time internet connection and the constant internet connection to play the game. So connect the game once activate it. Play the game forever without the internet connection. Since the game is steam play. The steam client has one option which allows you to run the steam in the offline mode so switch to the offline mode. And if the steam doesn’t found any connection it will automatically ask you to start the steam in the offline mode. So I am suggesting you to purchase the game connect your pc temporarily to the internet and enjoy the game. Since every steam game requires you to have one time activation.

I am also against the DRM policy which is actually adopted by the game developer .it is making the genuine user to not to buy the game. I will be really happy if the eidos actually launches the game in non steam mode I hope so in future.

As what I know that the steamworks is the main part of the game since it is using the achievement system of them only which gets unlocked if you complete particular task in game. But many of the people don’t like the steam system. But I like this system which makes the copy of the game genuine for me only. This can be accessible from anywhere.

I am biggest fan of the Deus Ex series. The games in this series are one of the best games I ever played. The previous games which are actually developed by them are not the steamplay . But I don’t know why they have decided to make the game steamplay since many of the users don’t like the game.

Many of the people is actually discussing about the way the internet connection is necessary to play the game. Since many of them have now prefer not to buy the game which has such a protection system. Due to that only the game sells less on the pc versions. I don’t like the DRM system also but it is actually necessary to make the gaming industry clean from the piracy of the game. But they don’t understand this protection policy actually causing the piracy. I am also stopped purchasing the games which are using this system in which we need the constant internet connection or the one time activation. And need to be game installed in the one system or allowing to install the game in the limited no of the pcs. After doing this it is our task to make the copy of the game activated on one system to get deactivate at the un installation. Which is not good at all.

I am also against the DRM system. And don’t like it. Also I don’t like the onlive system which is actually the cloud gaming. In which the game is on the pc of them and we have to access it form out machine through internet bandwidth.

it my own opinion that the game developing companies actually doesn’t believe in the people who are actually purchasing the game for playing and not downloading the pirated version. Due to this factor only they are implementing such a policy with game like DRM or activation over steam or securom. If we are paying the money for game then why they require such a system so I am also against this system which actually implemented. And as you are asking about the activation then yes you have to install the steam client for the game to get activated and must need the internet connection for this. And don’t see there is any other way to activate so if you want to play the game activate it over steam for one time .