Thread: Deus Ex: Human Revolution for Linux

Deus Ex: Human Revolution for Linux

I know that Linux don’t have that many customers in the market but I just want to register my support with the developers of Deus Ex for a GNU/Linux native client for the game. I have played the original one and just love the new trailers, but it hurts that I can’t play your game unless I buy a Windows OS which I cannot stand and also costs me much more. I checked the Wine which ports Windows application on Linux, and found out that it’s listed in the garbage category. If you can port this game to Linux I would be really glad. I don’t want to pirate Windows or play it on the console. I just request for them to port it to Linux, so that all the Linux users would also buy your game.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution for Linux

I think not many games will be available for Linux as it is still not ready yet for gaming. As gaming requires too high configuration and compatibility with your system; also along with low audience this problems make it worse for them. SO I would say stop being a Linux bigot and go for Windows or just use it for playing this game by using dual-boot OSes. I assume you do know how to dual-boot.

You are wrong, as many games Starcraft 2, Fallout 3 work fine wih optimal setting on Linux, so I don’t think here’s a problem of game not working in Linux. As for the development part, just wait for a few weeks, the garbage category for the game was simply because tester couldn’t get the mouse to work and they didn’t want to release a half-baked beta product for you Linux guys. Though if you want a cheaper version of Windows go for the DX9 version, and play on it.
    Now, I do like Linux, but if you are into gaming having a Windows OS is the best and you it’s not that costly too in my opinion. You can still wait, but they still haven’t produced a native client for the first game yet. So, this might take some time.

Stop being a Linux fanboy and get your head out of your ass. You can easily get W7 for $100 or even get it for free from anywhere if you just want to use it just for the game, so I don’t understand why you should tell game developers to make it for Linux.
    Also, it’s not financially viable to port a game to Linux which has nil audience. They won't even pay off the cost of porting the game. And they already have to concern about three platforms so it is just not possible

Stop being so harsh on the OP. He just made a clean request if it was possible for them to do. He did not put a gun on their head, he just prefers Linux and would want some popular games for the OS he likes. As only if several games line up for Linux, will its user base playing games increase. If you do not try, obviously everyone will switch to other platforms. So Linux should actively take part in the gaming market to increase its base. I never have purchased a game for PC as I am using Xbox but if it comes for Linux I will definitely purchase it.