Thread: Stuck at ‘Motherly Ties’ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Stuck at ‘Motherly Ties’ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

In the quest of ‘Motherly Ties’, where I have to help Cassandra Reed I am stuck after I complete the task. When I complete and go through all the talk options available, I simply have nowhere to go and there are no more chat options. Is this a bug? I am playing it on my Xbox. Also, another thing, the detective from the police dept. has also not shown up in the playthrough the one from whose computer you need to find the information.

Re: Stuck at ‘Motherly Ties’ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

You should go back in time and talk to detective Chase, then go directly to the police station and talk first to the detective you are talking about. He will give you cold shoulder. Just hack his computer and find out that he is curropt. Then talk to him again, and he will confess to his crime and the mission is over.

Since you are stuck, it seems that you must have accidently killed off the detective he is called Wegner. I did the same thing, I went into the morgue ghosting, and then got frustrated and made a run for it and then knocked off one of the guys who was Wegner. If you kill off the detective you are screwed in this sidequest. But this was not informed, and the game just gets stuck here.

It is a legit bug since your quest just gets stalled and you will have to load again. One of my friends was so frustrated with the bug that he killed Cassandra at the end.
    I think this has made me paranoid for the rest of game, as now I figure out the way the devs want the order of the game and try to play it that way.