Thread: Save and Autosave not working in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Save and Autosave not working in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I am seeing only 20 slots instead of the 99 claimed by a developer here. I've filled them all and have been forced to overwrite. I was hoping to find the directory where you saved and are just moving to a backup directory every time you fill up, as I like to have all my saves and that is actually what I did with Mass Effect 2. 99 saves not even work for me, as I usually have between 300 and 600 saves for a game like this.

Re: Save and Autosave not working in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Very strange that I got the number 99 directly from the development team. Why do not you see that is strange? Remember that the game is based on the vapor cloud, so if you delete them, the steam is synchronized over again. You should disable synchronization to 'backup' of the guard, etc without the system trying to keep `correct 'changes.

As far as I know it only syncs when you close the game. The files are not restored after being removed from that directory. I already did that quest and all that appeared was that of the folder Steam Cloud. I have tried restarting the game after clearing the guard, though, so maybe that's what to do.

It seems that my game crashes when trying to save, if it is an auto saves or manual save. I can kind of solve the problem if I manual save right before / after an automatic backup and load that save. It's a big problem though as I have no idea when automatic backup is coming next. Steam and the game are installed in the F drive because my C drive is a SSD. And I think it has to do with the "cloud saves," because my game is saved well locally, but immediately after the accident. The way it was all about to begin steam in offline mode and after that start the game. That enabled me to save locally and not worry about the cloud keeps at all.

The game is running much better, but realized this twice: It's a long slog through a hub or level. Save multiple times. It can be charged from when the game saves. However, if it crashes and I reboot and go load the last save, I'm back to the guard that was when the session began. So I lost about 3 hours of time tonight in a play I have to happen again. This has happened a few times.