Thread: Don’t want pop ups in Farmville

Don’t want pop ups in Farmville

I don't need a pop up saying I'm opening a mystery gift. That flash of light and glitter makes that obvious. I also don't really care what's in it, but the pop up for that is no big deal. And while we're at it, get rid of the pop up for the gifting neighbors. If I want to gift my neighbors, I know where the gift page is! This is the only game that does this constantly and it's REALLY annoying.

Re: Don’t want pop ups in Farmville

They are very distracting, annoying, and tend to interfere with me moving stuff or clicking on things in my farm. I don't need to see who fertilized my farm. It usually tells me in the pop up as I just arrived to my farm. It's not like I can actually click that to say "thank you", though that would be a nice option, but it would probably just take me back out of the game! If I want to see what's in the market, I will go to the market and look. I don't need a distracting icon of it in the upper left-hand corner of my screen the entire time I'm farming.

I hate how Farmville asks me an average of four times if I want my neighbors to fertilize every time I try to plant my farm. No, I'm still in the middle of planting, as you can see from my continuous clicking motion (which was only stopped by your pop-up asking if I was done!). It's worse than a child during a car trip. It’s more like a child during a car trip that has the ability to step on your brake every time he asks if we're there yet! No, I am not done planting, and I don't want my neighbors to fertilize! The same with the mystery gifts. By the time the popup appear, I've already gone back into my gift box, deleted what I didn't want and grabbed what I wanted, only to find a series of big, fat pop-ups blocking my way.

To concur with the above sentiments:
    1. Get rid of popups
    2. let delete have the do you want to keep deleting until you change to a different tool.
    3. Same with harvest of trees and animals
    4. Get rid of linking to mafia wars to get stuff
    5. Put gas back as a gift option
    6. Start thinking of those of us on small pensions, we are willing to work to make the coins so makes all the stuff worth x amount of coins. But most important of all get servers that can handle the load this gets so frustrating.

I don't want things to automatically go to my wall. Only 125 people out of my 245 Facebook friends play this game and I don't want to litter their feed with Farmville stuff. I want complete control over everything that is posted. There is permission though to allow automatic posting. If you get the "Professional Farmer Bar" above your farm then you should set them accordingly.

My least favorite pop-ups are when I briefly pause while plowing (we're talking half a second while I move my tractor to another area) and I get the "ask your neighbors to fertilize" pop-up. Then there is the confirmation pop-up before deleting an unplowed square of land. It cost no more to replace that square than it does to plow after harvesting. For everything else, leave the confirmation pop-up, it will prevent many tears. I like to redesign my farm frequently. At least I used to until I realized that deleting squares was not how I wanted to spend my limited time on earth.

I totally agree with you, those pop-ups are getting on my nerves too, especially when you reach a certain level, you don't need to be treated as a child anymore, you shouldn't have to be offered to send gifts to your neighbors or got your crops fertilized. But I think you forgot to point out the "funniest" part of it which is while you have all these annoying pop-ups wasting your time when you tend your farm, when you REALLY want a pop-up to appear, say, if you want to raise your barn or chicken coop for the 2nd/3rd time or, better, post a hard-earned blue ribbon, THEN, the pop-up doesn't come or doesn't work.

One of my gripes has always been that darn publish popup, I've said it over and over again, whenever a Share/Accept or whatever pops up, just publish the darn thing and move on, don't pop it up too another thing that is very annoying to me is the difficulty in thanking your friends/neighbors for fertilizing my farm, people love to be thanked for what they do, my xp points on harvest prove it, but it's too difficult to do and the opportunities to thank vanish when passing thru your farm to fertilize another farm and the icon to return me back to my farm says if the darned thing don't load in 5 seconds to refresh my browser DUH, that just takes me back to the neighbors farm I was just on, an endless loop as I see it.