Thread: Multi table Tournaments in zynga poker?

Multi table Tournaments in zynga poker?

I've never been a fan on the weekly tournaments, so I would suggest multi-table tournaments similar to that on party poker. Have new tournaments running every hour or two, and cap the amount of players that can enter - maybe 5,000? Also, these multi-table tournaments should have low to high buy-ins, for variance. And if anyone places in the top 3, they should get a trophy that appears in their profile. What do you guys think?

Re: Multi table Tournaments in zynga poker?

I'm not a fan of the weekly tournaments either. Personally, I don't have the time to invest in such an undertaking. I like the idea of the cap of 5000 players as well. If it were me running things over there at Zynga, I'd have daily tournaments, just one a day, scheduled to take place at one specified time per day, and at the week’s end, I would pit the players that finished in the top 50 out of the 5000 from each of the six daily tournaments, and have a special 300 man tournament, giving them a special token that they can display on their profile like one of the gifts, and it would have the name of the tournament they played in as well as the position they finished in. I think that would be cool.

I love the idea of adding Multi-Table Tournaments and of them I'm a big fan. However, there should be more than one a day due to the large amounts of people playing from disparate time zones. If you do have only one or two of these large MTTs per day, possibly include ongoing smaller SnG MTTs with player caps of 27, 45, and 90.

I don't know the feasibility of the inclusion of the 45 and 90 person SnG MTTs as Zynga Poker tends to cater to short stints of play as opposed to the protracted time lengths that MTTs require. Notwithstanding the large amounts of people who like to all-in on random garbage, 45 to 90 man could take 1-2+ hrs and a 5000 person MTT could take 3-6+ hrs. Weekly tourney is bad. It's good for those who like to pop in and out of playing, but for the time and return on investment, I'd much rather play the SnGs already provided. Unfortunately running a SnG is one thing, making a multi table tournament is well beyond the scope of Zynga developers and their chosen platform.