Thread: Need information about DirectX 11 Tessellation in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Need information about DirectX 11 Tessellation in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I have Deus Ex: Human Revolution and playing it on 9600GT. I don’t have the graphics card which is supporting DirectX 11 with it. I am right now using direct X 10 card with it. There is the feature known as the Tessellation which increases the level of fineness in the games. So I want to know that does the tessellation effect in the DirectX 11 will be used for the game. If yes does it cause more recourse in the game? If the tessellation is supported in the game then only I am interested in the upgrading the graphics card to the latest DirectX 11 card.

Re: Need information about DirectX 11 Tessellation in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I have the game Deus Ex : Human Revolution and also having the graphics card which actually supports the tessellation in game. I have played the game in the DirectX 11 mode but due to the game is lagging I have to use it the DirectX 10 mode. I haven’t seen any changes in the game. While enabling the DirectX 11. Only slight changes is pointed out which is with the character we are playing while playing and nothing more.

I have spotted the major changes in the game if enabling DirectX 11 Tessellation. The main character has been sharper in shapes and object also looks crystal clear in the game.

According to me what I have known about the Tessellation it will allow us to load the details of the level directly to the gpu itself which helps to make very detailed characters and models. But actually in reality it is causing some sort of the problems. There is sometimes the geometry problem in the tessellation which is causing sometimes character and models looks slight defective and problematic. Yes I think dues ex has used the tessellation technology for the character and the models. So I will suggest you to check it by yourself over the YouTube you can get the video which shows you the in game tessellation effects for models. If you want to experience it by yourself then purchase the card which has support for DirectX 11.

Yes I have actually agree with the you this tessellation makes sometimes ugly looking models which is really annoying. Since the game is hogging lots of resources while playing the game in the DirectX 11 I have also turned off the DirectX 11. So if you want to see the full detailed tessellation effect you need to have the high end gaming pc.