Thread: How to handle vacations w/o offending neighbors in Farmville?

How to handle vacations w/o offending neighbors in Farmville?

I don't need that my neighbors to think that I have abandoned them but I don't desire to advertise my vacation dates on Facebook as well. In the imminent months I will be away as of the comp camping intended for 1 and 2 weeks. I am having a lot of collection of the neighbors so far and many of then I have found through here and I don't desire to lose them at the same time as I am gone. So how would you handle this problem? Thanks for any advice in advance.

re: How to handle vacations w/o offending neighbors in Farmville?

You should leave the plowed land for them to fertilize whilst you are gone and if nothing planted then you should do something to show you will be back later. I am not certain about past that not counting you put one of those mark presents up in your ranch with "set out for some camping/fishing back soon" so any that visit within the homestead can see but not declaring everywhere on the place either.

I personally would not remove anybody if they were not present for a week or two, particularly a regular player. But you could always post a sign or a little notice on your farm saying that you are away for a couple weeks.

You should not publicize an official vacation. If you experience you have to say something, just say you will be taking a few time away from the computer to enjoy the summer or to meet family obligations. I can't think of any neighbors even my most extreme ones who would remove a person for being gone for a week or two in the summer otherwise holidays. If they do well, they weren't such immense neighbors in the end and it's their failure. Or you could send a PM on FB just saying you are not going to be on your farm except you will be back playing in a week or so.

I just allow them to know that I will be away for a while. Anything like that to me is perfect. It’s not my business what they are doing but it’s nice to know they'll be gone a while so I won't delete them, thinking that they've quit playing.
    I do the same thing when I'm away for a while.

When we moved and I was afar for a couple of months, I informed my neighbors who were general players to let them know, so I wouldn't be challenging an immense heap of endowment solicits or cancellations. Anyhow that was for a much longer time. I got a few reactions to the private message but not too a considerable number of. When I vanished for 10 days to astound a partner for her day to relax and be pampered and didn't would like to let on, I actually alternate the fields neglected. My IRL FV neighbors were all particularly astonished to see me, and had considered why I had nothing planted but the greater part of my neighbors expressed nothing.

I don't like to make the people know when my house will be vacant, so I usually lay a little and just say that I am having computer/internet trouble and going to use the library computers just for facebook games is too much annoy. Yes, it's a lie but I would rather lie a little than broadcast.

I don't remove people who aren't around for some of weeks. I know stuff comes up, computers break, etc. I might put out a "hey, where the heck are you?" message on your wall just to ensure you have not fallen off the face of the planet, but that is just for the reason that I happen to think highly of my neighbors and would hate to think something serious happened. But if it is a good neighbor, I will typically wait at least a month before I consider deleting if I haven't heard anything at all from them.

I let my ordinary group of active players know I will be offline for a few days by sending a message along with a gift. Usually something simple: "I am going to be offline for next 10 days, no need to return gift". I will be working like a madwoman for the next 2 weeks and will be sending out one like this in a few days to let my neighbors know. It doesn't tell them anything and could mean I am on vacation, have a houseful of company, broken comp, broken internet, busy working, etc. I would avoid having your address available to FB strangers though, just in general, not only while on vacation.

Just propel a notice saying that you have obligations that will limit your capability to play for a while except that you have not quit and will resume normal playing as soon as circumstances permit. That is not the same as saying that you will not be home.

Re: How to handle vacations w/o offending neighbors in Farmville?

If I am going to be gone for 8 days or less, I fill my plots with 4-day crops. If I see a neighbor who has done this, I don't expect as frequent interaction with them, whether they are at home or not.