Thread: Animal Mastery in Farmville

Animal Mastery in Farmville

Now that you offer animal mastery will you please consider allowing baby animals to grow up to be what they should be? I am tired of collecting baby animals and they only ever grow up to be black horses and Holstein cows! I immediately sell all of them as I have no use for them. At this point I mostly keep foals and calves on display and don't bother putting them into the nursery unless I have duplicates. I don't understand why you have breed able horses/cows if the babies never grow up correctly.

Re: Animal Mastery in Farmville

I don't think they'll allow that since it costs players FV cash to buy those horses, but they could at least allow for foal mastery of those animals. I do the same thing as you; I keep the foals outside on display so I can see them. I sometimes buy the special horses and cows too. I also noticed the Red Pinto foal is master able, but none of the others. I hope at some point they add in foal mastery!

I think they should give us a chance to buy some of the animals that are being offered for mastery that we may not have gotten in the past. I know for me some of these animals were offered before I started playing Farmville.

Interesting the red pinto will grow to a same type adult animal!! Thanks. Now, can someone please send me a red pinto foal?? Lol Tip for you all here, place the baby in the nursery and then hover over it and it will tell you what it grows up to become. And cream mini horse and cream draft grow up to become the same as an adult. Black grows up to be black, but about everything grows up to be this color. Blue pony grows up the same, but I think most of the ponies grow up to be blue.

It is a lot of work and time consuming to hunt the animals that are ready to harvest. So, I think it could work that way. I am willing to sit all my odd creatures out so people can use them. If they can't use them I may just start selling the ones I have mastered they all don't fit in the barns anyway. I have several purchased animals and so do my friends. No one can afford to purchase all the animals on the mastery list. So, unless they start letting babies grow up the same type of animal or toss out full grown animals that you 'the player' doesn't have on the farm there will problems with players getting upset and looking for a more player friendly game or one that you dole out less cash for 'to keep up with the Jones'. I have several friends that have quit playing now.

With the crop mastery the player does not need all the crops that are grown because they only have 1 of the 3 crafting building. Then came along the crafting building so the player needs a few more items, but still not all of them. With the tree mastery, most people can spend a few dollars and keep up with that one. Or at least get the 2nd stage of the tree mastered. But, I have to say I am missing a few trees there myself.

I have had people tell me that playing 'game XYZ' cost XX dollars a year and you earn the coins in the game to purchase the gaming items with maybe 1-10% of the purchase-able items cost extra real dollars. But, with FV all the new animals, trees and now some of the crops and other items cost extra 'real life dollars'. So, FV gaming system/service, I would like to know what's up. Are you going to go to a monthly or yearly fee sometime soon? That way all your 'card holding - member paying' players can get a break on your pricing system? And please not just the few members that use a certain phone because that seemed to me pretty sad.

There may be some people that have purchased everything that has come out since they started. But, unless the person was here 'the minute' the server 'opened for business' and 'never missed a purchase item'. They also maybe are missing a few key items on a master list.

I think there's a chance it will happen. Zynga's never shown too much respect for those who spent FC on the game, and weren't ALL of the baby wildlife previously available for FC only? Nursery barn might be next. A building size downgrade would be entirely welcome for that building too (I only use it mostly to turn foals/calves into more expensive cows/horses before selling these days). If the game worked properly maybe players would be more partial at spending a few bucks, but for the amount of bugs and issues, not really worth it if you can’t really do much on the farm in the first place.