Thread: Road Limit in Tropico 4

Road Limit in Tropico 4

hello friend I am a big fan of the Tropico series and I have played all the games they have released so far in the series. But as I have downloaded the demo version of the game and had a hand on it I saw the same limitation from the Tropico 3 game. The game still has the limitation on the road from the tropic 3. What do you guys think? Also the there is not much that I could figure out to be drastically changed in this game. Guys what are your views on this?

Re: Road Limit in Tropico 4

That’s true what the point of bigger maps is if the limits have been imposed on them. There are same truths that can be said about 1200 population cap. Still does not make any sense to have the limit on the road. This also would probably imply that it would be a cap of 100 or so. Well I think this is something I would seriously consider and I don’t think I am going to buy this game anyway.

I couldn’t quite figure it out that what limitations you are talking about. If I am probably right in saying that you’re discussing about a short coming on minute sections of road you are trying to construct...You can just position it and keep going. This is most probably the programming restriction so that the game doesn't bog down trying to work out flat land and such But a CAP on total roads? I've never seen or heard of that before. I think I am right in trying to figure out the problem am I? If not can you please tell me the exact thing you are talking about.

My apologies for the poor explanation of the problem I had with this game , But I think this was one of the most severe problem we all have faced with the game. You all must be familiar with the problem. The limitation I am talking about is about the length of the road once the road has been hit by you the game will need you to destroy old roads a weird bound to put on a sim game. In the sandbox game, we are provided with huge maps, so we can construct a Tropico of our choice but when you are done with building the one third of the map this message is shown up.

Yes I had this problem in Tropico3 Since the Tropico 4 has not been released yet you are on the demo of the game right? If you play and build in quite decentralized manner then I think you will be doing the things that have not been done by the others. Most players don’t play in the decentralized techniques so that they are unable to reach the limits. But indeed its kind of a stupid limit imposed. I am talking more than about the road alone. There are other limits as well such as population limit and the tourist limits. Am I right?

yeah I think I just forgot to mention this. I have been too concerned regarding the save game bug on the Xbox. I worked about this by centralizing, but it's indeed very annoying while you are looking for building manifold villages, chosen farm areas and a big nice island ring road. With greater islands I expect this will rapidly become a common and annoying issue.

I expect that the developers will be providing us with the larger limits on the game options. As
    Most of the gamers PCs have problem with the Xbox 360. We have the problem something like this.
    Population Slider provided the warning labels.
    • 1250 People Normal
    • 2500 People Large
    • 5000 People Huge

I suppose we will soon be provided with the solution.

Yes if this is with the complete version .Its completely beyond my understanding. I want to know if anyone that does anybody desires to say something about this problem. Is this going to be in the full version of the game or is it a bug or something? If it is in the game, what game play function does it serve? I just have felt that this could very much be a bound forced by the demo to limit playability.