Thread: How to claim stuff from others in Farmville

How to claim stuff from others in Farmville

One thing I find very upsetting is everyone on your friends list hate to press the like button to this point makes it very upsetting for other to click on a watering can or tree and to find it is gone. It just seem that people don't understand that if you hit the like button it means it is taken and you don't make the mistake by hitting and finding out it is gone. so everyone who see the note above this copy it and save it in the notes under your profile and use it and post it each time someone for get to hit the like button.

Re: How to claim stuff from others in Farmville

The downside to "liking" is that it generates quite some notification spam. I'd rather see the notifications displaying stuff that actually matters instead of some minor FV traffic all the other stuff I agree on. I hope this will clear your doubt.

If I liked everything I took and posted everything that popped up I would generate too many notifications and clutter my profile so that the good stuff never could be found. I like rare things or things I particularly needed (foals, calves, trees). I post the rare stuff and building materials. If I know people need something (collection, bushels, flower bunches, etc) then I will post those as well. I don't post every mastery level up. I don't post every bushel pop-up or every "hey come fertilize my crops" pop-up. I'm selective in what I post, but I'm not stingy. I help every post I see on the feed, but sometimes things get buried and I miss them. I always regift and respond to requests for specific items.

I think like everything with Farmville (and frankly in real life) moderation and consideration is the key. I may not post everything or like everything (both for reasons of time and to decrease spam), but I post things that are helpful to my neighbors and I try to help out whenever they need something. When I harvest orchards I'll be making upwards of 70 posts, I don't need a couple of hundred notifications telling me so & so 'Liked' my post.

I don't share everything, no need to ask people to fertilize my crops or level ups. I rarely post masteries. I just post the good stuff that people may want. I usually do all foals even those people don't care about because there people who collect or sell them off. As for eggs sometimes don't post. I don't like everything unless it's rare and hard to get. and I do(kt repost things, I find statuses like this very annoying. I’m a good neighbor, I do belief in God, I do support such and such thing but that don't mean i need to repost statuses.

I was just talking about this tonight. Like someone above said, I have several dozen orchards and I can’t stand all the likes anymore. I wish my neighbors would save their likes only for important things. Maybe bred animals, good/rare trees, something like that. It gets to be absolute madness. I'd say I'm getting notifications of over 100 likes per day. If I post building materials & other consumables I REALLY do not WANT a like. I prefer to not get one. So if we had to specifically say what people usually want/don’t want likes on it seems like most would agree we want likes on things like animals & trees that we breed, things that are in high demand.

To be honest, someone who complains on one of my posts that someone took the item w/o "liking" is far more likely to get un-friended than the person who took it. There are a variety of reasons a person might not "like" a post, share, help or send stuff. I am not the Farmville police. it's not my place to tell people how to play, nor is it their place to tell me or my friends.

I had one friend that liked everything that I posted that she got. She is a very sweet person, but I eventually had to let her know that I didn't mind if she took water off of my feed and didn't press like. For those of us with 70+ orchards that can get very spammy and we really can't see who actually commented. Anyways, I felt bad for her. She told me that she had some friends that threatened to remove her when she first started playing because she didn't like everything. She had some friends threaten to remove her for liking everything. With so many people playing now, it's really hard to please everyone.

Use common sense and get to know your friends. If you take one of the newest trees off of their feed, click like. If you get an awesomely patterned animal, click like. Take the time to know what a special event is and what really isn't. Then again, that's just me. I refuse to click like on every watering can or bottle that I get from someone’s mastery post. But again, I've taken the time to get to know most of the people I am playing with, and they know that I appreciate their work on their farms as much as they appreciate mine.

If I claim stuff from others. I press the Like button! Or leave a comment! Facebook considers it abuse of the feature because the like button was never intended to be part of the games, and people can and have been banned from using it. The same goes with multiple comments in a short period of time. I have requested that my neighbors don't use the like button for everything, because I absolutely detest the scrolling list of notifications I get when I post from my orchards. Trees I'm okay with, because there's only one. Everything else is out there to take, so just take it.

I think most people click "like" on specific items rather than everything. Those specific items vary per individual, but the most common "must like" are new trees, bred animals, and maybe new foals. Everything else I don't think many people care if they get liked or not.