Thread: Changes of Zynga to Phase out Coins in Farmville

Changes of Zynga to Phase out Coins in Farmville

I recently read on one of the sites that said Farmville was charging cash for fences. And more and more things are only for cash. Do you presume that Zynga is in a plan to phase out coins all together? The cheapest you obtain something for would be 1 FC, similar to the water and building materials.

Re: Changes of Zynga to Phase out Coins in Farmville

I don't believe that this will ever take place. I have not seen a single fence they have charged FC for either. If they got rid of coins, a extremely big percentage of their user base might be gone as that would mean not being equipped to plow, plant otherwise harvest any of the available coin crops. Right now, you pay 1 FC if you want to buy building materials or watering cans, therefore that's nothing new. I doubt they would make them no longer available to get on the feed or in SDBs. It would completely kill the game if they did this, so no, don't think so.

If this is true then they are definitely going to lose a lot of players because not a lot of people pay for FC. I know if they totally phased out coins they would lose me for sure since I won’t buy FC.

If that's what they carry out then I won't be playing either, because I have decided that paying FC for the whole thing conceivable is ridiculous anyway and I just can't afford to keep buying it. It's actually sad while they release a bunch of new items and you're lucky to see 3 or 4 items for coins. If they ever made the shift to go full FV cash, I would have no option but to walk away. I haven't paid one real cent on this game and never do that in future.

I wish that this is not true. I buy the most expensive craft goods from my neighbors daily using my bounty of useless coins. And let's not forget the biggest function of the game crops. If all crops become FVC, these games are over stick a fork in it or bury it in the yard. And a lot of Zynga people will be looking for awakening to the truth that hard choices must be made while trying to maintain a roof over your head and food on the table.

I would like to tell that it is just about 10% of the total player base. If 90% of the people who play now quit then the game would simply die finally. Then they would make nothing. Why would they do that? Also, I don't think we are close to farmcash only playing. The basic concepts of the game are still free, with the exception of a few crops. I know a lot of people who play for free, and do so quite happily. Also, I don't think they can go to a cash only game while they are still connected to Facebook, where all the games I've seen are free to play, in their basic forms at least. Obviously somebody is buying them or they wouldn't have switched to such a skewed market. It is obviously making big cash for them, so I would suspect it has to be more than 10%, not necessarily spending large amounts of FVC but spending it nonetheless.

I do see coins being phased out and might not be intentionally but in their uber FC heavy releases with only one or two small items for coin. It's happening and it's not giving a lot of players any warm and fuzzy feelings about the future of the game. What Zynga has been doing with the game lately creates the perception that coins are going the way of the dodo bird, but yet everything earns huge amounts of coin.

Zynga has completed some pretty stupid stuff in its past but this would take the biscuit. I don't think for one second that Zynga would do that. As they would lose the vast proportion of their player base. It would be beyond stupid.

It requires being in balance by means of coin earnings. Currently the game is way out of balance coin wise and losing ground. You should keep in mind that there is a boundary on how much one can accumulate in coin then it goes negative. It might seem like an unfeasible number but through every new feature and expansion and super crop the daily coin earnings increase. If you graph it, you will see an exponential curve. It won't be long before it reaches a terminal imbalance considering the coin max. It doesn't appear as if that is something that the developers have considered and it's going to bite them in the rear.

I see coins for crops staying except everything else will become cash. Zynga has gone public now and eventually their contract with facebook will be over and they will switch over. There previously coming out soon with adding neighbors without them being facebook friends.

I think that if the FVC greed is all part of a grander scheme to give out of non-paying players and free up server space intended for those that do pay. What they forget is that they are enraging the paying players the mainly. Once you invest cash within something, you raise your expectations as to what you will acquire for it. Lately we get less and less for our money as the cost for those little goodies continue to escalate in conjunction with the glitches.