Thread: Can I play Deus Ex: Human Revolution offline?

Can I play Deus Ex: Human Revolution offline?

I am not having the internet connection at hone and I heard that this game will require having the internet connection for the installation as this is having the steamworks support and once the installation is done then I can play that offline from my home. Is this true or I will require having the permanent internet connection? Please help me about this.

Re: Can I play Deus Ex: Human Revolution offline?

I would like to tell you that you will require having the internet connection in order to have the activation of the game. If you wish to have the additional Steamworks features then you will have to have the regularly accessible internet connection but as you with to play offline then after activating that one time, you will be able to do that. So arrange to have the internet connection for one time so that you can activate that.

I am 99% sure that you will require to have the permanent internet connection for playing the steam. I have tried with that so you can give it a try and may be remaining 1% will do the work. I am saying this because I have not tried that offline till now as I ahve the internet connection to my computer.

I am totally disagreeing with the above post that it is not possible. Steam will allow you to play the games devoid of having the internet connection in your computer. You will just require having the internet connection for the activation and once you are done with that then you can play that without any problem. I am playing in the same way and so can say this for sure that it will work. So activate that once and enjoy playing this.

If you want the perfect answer for this then contact with the support and they will tell you that if this is possible to do or not. It’s the best way.

You should ensure that you are having the proper internet connection when you select the "Offline mode" from the steam. After that you will not require the internet connection. If you will not do that then if you start this next time without having the internet connection then it will show you the message that steam cannot start because of the improper internet connection. You require logging off within offline mode and then moving it to the place devoid of the internet connection. This is the only thing that you can do if you wish to run that in the offline mode.

Hi...I'm having the same sort of problem.

IF I activate Deus Ex: HR from home, and then take it to work where I can't actually connect to steam b/c the proxy blocks it, will I be able to play it there? Or will I still have to be able to login to steam on the computer that I want to play HR on?

For stuff like this they should let us be able to login to steam from a cellphone, this would completely circumvent the whole proxy on the work computer thing...

(moral issues aside, I don't plan on playing during regular work hours, this is more for on weekends if I'm at the office, working, and want to take a break)

Internet connection is required for this. This is for ALL forms of the PC diversion. The least web information is traded with a retail duplicate of the diversion. The substance of the DVD are introduced to your machine and you require an online world juncture for initiation of the event and download of any discharge day fixes to make the diversion playable.