Thread: Xbox controller for PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Xbox controller for PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Even though I be acquainted with that many people prefer to play this game through a keyboard and mouse, I have a preference a controller. Does somebody is acquainted with if the Xbox 360 controller is compatible? The manual details the control scheme in favor of the keyboard alone.

Re: Xbox controller for PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I perceive a lot of people saying that a mouse and keyboard is someway superior than a controller. Sure, it possibly will be more accurate than the issue within a game like Shadow Run, where anyone through a mouse and keyboard has an advantage over someone using a controller. But when it comes to the end, it is personal preference. And personally, I would use a controller for the same reasons to buy games for a console instead of my computer. I would love to sit in my big comfy chair in front of my 52 inches TV relaxed and holding a controller. I feel in my computer chair back breaking bent over a keyboard and mouse.

The question was answered already, but I would point out that the change between a controller and design of the mouse / keyboard available flight in the PC version. It is actually easier to hack a mouse with the cursor moves slowly controller design provides. My only complaint about the controller design.

I do not think mouse + keyboard is better than drivers in general: To skip races, racing games and games like Street Fighter, who prefer the controllers. For the simulations of space / flight simulations, the joystick and keyboard. Real-time strategy, first person and many RPGs, mouse and keyboard. The reason is more precise control and accuracy, unless you use an eye tracker, the mouse is still the fastest way to focus on a specific point on the screen. Mouse and keyboard mouse, because by itself does not have sufficient controls and shortcuts (for first person action games, at least).

If you're utilize to the controllers, which definitely are able to be used within some non-competitive games similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and be sufficient. However, the control scheme in most first person shooters is more or less the same today: WSAD for movement, mouse the exact address, mouse1 fire. Therefore, it is not just a game. If a control scheme is inherently more suitable for a specific task, both options have the same value. Usually, if you say "everything comes to personal preference," which means no other criterion speaks of one option or another. This is not the case here. Of course, you can choose to put his personal preference above all other considerations.

Console controllers comprise definite compensation over the keyboard. Analog sticks are extremely superior for precise actions, for illustration. This provide them the benefit over the mouse and keyboard at what time it comes to action and adventure games (Tomb Raider), or sports games, beat-em-ups and other miscellaneous (and MGS stealth material, for example). But for a FPS, with the aim of the accuracy of the mouse is much more natural and enjoyable, in my experience.

Since we are discussing and all drivers. I have to call this one in a old Xbox title called Steel Battalion. That cost is even used over a hundred dollars and comes with a controller so large you need a card table to set it, even threw a chair in the cabin just for him. Not bad, but sometimes annoying. Forget the controls are likely to kill you. In fact, my friend still has the game and the driver put in working order. Sometimes he lays back and plays it. You know, they are making a new Kinect, I would assume that they do for normal and 360. Hopefully with a new driver.

Everything here is nice and all, but the question doesn't seem to be answered. Does the Xbox360 controller for the PC work in this game or doesn't it? That is the question I thought was being asked...not all this other mumbo jumbo irrelavant garbage I keep reading, and people that cannot seem to type or spell or speak english very well. Just sayin.

yes an xbox controller works with the PC version of this game. My problem is that I like to use a controller and mouse for PC games and this game seems to only let you use one or the other. Any ideas?