Thread: Is it possible to set sound triggers on all walls in game of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Is it possible to set sound triggers on all walls in game of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I have desktop at my home from last 5 years. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device. I am fan of gaming and I think I played almost every game on my system. I always try to get the latest games for the better experience. Now I am starting to play the new Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Actually my question is “Is it possible to set sound triggers on all walls in game of Deus Ex: Human Revolution”? I want to know what you do if you go with you character close into a wall. There is only one problem and that is how much it will take from CPU which requires for pasting the things into the game. Can anyone give me some idea about this? Please help me.

Re: Is it possible to set sound triggers on all walls in game of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some suggestion for this topic. I think the Icceball is the best idea for this question. Because it help you to add the realism element in your game. I think we all are waiting for getting the attention of devs pay to this topic.

Re: Is it possible to set sound triggers on all walls in game of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

After reading your description I conclude that there is some information which can be useful to you. I don’t have an idea why this cannot be done but the proper way to do this is to make the walls interactive objects similar to crates. This is the best option instead for making them terrain. The meaning of that is very simple and that is every stretch of wall has to have maximum information about this topic. . Suppose the engine isn't already set up to allow terrain to be interactive or semi-interactive, then the whole process becomes a huge performance hit on the graphics card and probably the system's CPU and maybe even RAM also. I think this is the best suggestion but I don’t have any idea about what kind of engine they select to know if that is found in this game.

I think there is no such a setting for that reason. So it is just a question. Suppose the engine able to make the things possible and also if the engine talking about the resources. That is taken from the RAM itself and it can be also include from graphic cards.

There is no need of sound in the wall according my consideration. I think the sounds would be part of the models and the collision detection. And there is no difference between the footstep sounds you hear in EVERY game. This is possible as per technical aspect but it is not useful. In the first person views few of them gets render the full model they just float the camera at set height. It is very difficult to judge that how far you are from the surface that is require for basing the game play because this is the reason of the endless frustration. And there is no need of that playing a sound effect which would take the system resources. I have this much of information about this topic. I hope this will work for you.

According to my consideration all stuff in the computer goes to the unit till now. And it is known as motherboard. There is some parts like RAM and graphic card which you will find in every motherboard of the gaming system. That is the big reason of worry.

I think the stealth could be fixed because it is very simple. You can get all the information about that on the web. The difficulty is in the walk speeds. Sneak, walk and run. It is possible because it may takes system resources. And the reason behind this is everything in computer is connected to motherboard of that system. This is happen if you need more actions in the game play at a time. This is also responsible for the crashing of the game or it may make bugs in the game. There are some other issues also found from programmer’s point of view.

The stealth issue is agreed by me because there are so many gamers who could not able to work with this issue. I don’t know the exact reason behind this problem. I also unable to understand the cause that weird scraping sound as they walk near a wall or if they are trying to lean out to take an enemy down. IceBallz, was very cool because that happens when you walk through a bush and the whole bush -noise from STALKER. But there are so few people who actually scrape along the walls wherever they go. In those cases, also when they're trying to stick to it for cover. It is realistic but it can be more detrimental fro immersion.

I want to talk about the technical implementation. By the use of that the overheads would be minimal. There are triggers which can be easily available in the most of the games with physics where the processing is in the physics, not the sound.

According to me some of the shooters have not played as the floating head with arms and a weapon in the game. Starbreeze shooters can give permission to see even your own shoulders also. There is no confusion in Wall scraping sounds. There is no comparison between "The Darkness" and "Deus Ex". They have their own issues and the methods also so different from each other ot solve it. I have this much of information about the topic. I wish this will give you osme better experience. Thank you.

According to me I agree it's not a bad idea. In the reality you have that tendency to get assurance about the noise when you move along a wall. The reason behind this is you can see that where your body is going. And according to that you can carry your body more gently. The suggestion is good but it cannot be implacable in the games.