Thread: Empire & Allies: Do I need navy and air force anymore?

Empire & Allies: Do I need navy and air force anymore?

I have upgraded all my army units using Army Research Lab. So now, as they are upgraded, they have become more powerful than air force and naval units. So now I think I don’t have to use air force and naval units as army units are more powerful. But I think there may be a chance that these units will also become upgradable in future. But till then, it is not recommended going to use them. And some where it also makes game little boring.

Re: Empire & Allies: Do I need navy and air force anymore?

It’s true, after upgrading, army units become more powerful. But I think air and naval research labs will also come out soon for you.

Here I want to add something from my side. In main campaign you cannot just rely on army units, but, at this moment, it’s senseless to use air or naval forces in invasion and defense as they are not as powerful as army units.

Hold your patience. As you want, Air and naval research lab will also come along very soon. But, if those research buildings for naval and air units will make same upgrades in them as army units then it will be just useless. And as far as I think, in the end, there will not be any actual difference in between these units, except their name and graphical design

Though, the main campaign is for finite levels, the game will be interesting even after completing all main campaigns as the main interesting part of this game is interacting with neighbors. And one thing I want to add here is, For defending, I generally use only 3 army units, Abrams Tank, Mech Warriors and Heavy Artillery. I don’t need any other unit. So it never becomes the case to use all lower level units. So, I think they are unnecessary for me. If I have Abrams then why I will use Vintage or Sherman like units.

You think lower level units are not necessary, but I use all my best units just to protect my assets and empire and I use lower level units for invading neighbors and sometimes for campaigns also. Because lower level units takes very less cost to rebuild if we lose during invasion. For example, losing 5 cadets will cost you just 375 coins and you can make more coins by killing rocker artillery using them and additionally you can also get some ore and the XP. That’s why I use best units just for protecting my empire and lower units I utilize by invading on neighbors. And if you don’t want to take risks, then you can use lower units to invade lower level players. But, keep best units to protect your empire.