Thread: Stuck on “160 population” quest in Age of Empires Online

Stuck on “160 population” quest in Age of Empires Online

I like to play Age of Empires game very much and I play all series of this game. But here I don’t know why this is happening with me. I have tried all the ways and still can't complete it. Don’t know why this is happening. Anyone have any idea about this? This is really needy for me. So please if anyone here has any idea about this, than provide me.

Re: Stuck on “160 population” quest in Age of Empires Online

I have done this quest with the adviser that reduces villager train time that is about all you need. Your objective is to reach age 3 as fast as probable, build 3 more TCs and make villagers non-stop. Put your starting villagers on food, such that you have 5, rests are on wood till you have 5 on wood. Once you have 10 villagers you should also have enough resources to advance to age 2.

In age 2, make 10 more villagers, first 5 are on gold till you gather 400 necessary to advance, the other 5 are on stone so you can build TCs. You need to avoid building farms, because you need the wood to build TCs, houses and storehouses. If you deplete your cows and bushes, build a storehouse near some deer and hunt those. Once you have enough resources click to advance to age 3. While you are transitioning to age 3, pull your 5 villagers from gold and put them to gather wood, you will need plenty of it. At this point you also want to look at the map and consider the best places to put Town Centers. You want to put a TC between a forest and either a stone mine or a gold mine (gold mine being preferable).Whatever you do you must have your TCs near forests.

Have your starting TC produce villagers that will cut wood. At this point you can start transitioning to farms, when you have enough wood, build a new farm. Also watch your population and build houses accordingly. Once your other 2 TCs are built assign them to train villagers and rally them on lumber. Assign 3 more villagers to build your last TC. Now things get interesting, you need to use the Hotkey C, to cycle trough all your TCs, and make sure they are all producing villagers. Try to have at least 2 villagers in queue at any time in the TCs.

You need to keep up the rhythm, keep making villagers from the TCs, and keep building infantry from the raxes till the end. If done right you should probably reach the population objective with about 30 to 45 seconds left. You can use this strategy for 200 population challenge as well. However for 200 pop you absolutely must have Trainer Thoth (reduces food cost of all units by 12%). It will probably take some trial and error to mastery this strategy, good luck and have fun.

Trainer Thoth drops randomly from chests, looted after you kill guardians. You can either loot all the chests you can and hope you get him, or you can buy the epic version of Trainer Thoth. At the moment I think Trainer Thoth goes for around 1000 to 1500 gold coins, depends on how well you can negotiate the price. He is however very worth it, since the food cost reduction is helpful for many strategies and builds.

Never queue units and by this i mean always have 1 unit building at a time in your TC, barracs and so on. Never let any of your recourses go above 300 unless you’re saving for something. I.e. saving for age 4. Constantly build workers; never stop doing this it’s the best habit you can create for this game later on you will know when to stop production. If you follow this there’s really no problem in finishing this quest i don’t think it’s an issue of gear or advisors i mean at least i did it with awful gear and poor advisor choices.

Most people offering sound advice here.

The only other thing I can add is play to your advisor strengths. If you have advisor reducing villager train times, focus on villager training.

I didn't have it, so I focused on Toxotes as the quickest training unit.

You want to be building as many military buildings as you can - I ended up with 3 barracks and 2 archery ranges, and had people cued at all buildings.

If done correctly, you should reach the target population limit with about 45 seconds left. It's tight, but you have to maintain a pattern. Don't ever let any of your train buildings sit without training someone and NEVER cue up villagers at the TC if you can put that resource to barracks/archery rage (they train quicker than villagers).