Thread: Unable to complete “Taphian River Pirates Defeated” quest in Age of Empires Online

Unable to complete “Taphian River Pirates Defeated” quest in Age of Empires Online

I don’t know it’s a bug or what, but I just completely destroyed all enemy, all building and even all wolves. The quest "Taphian River Pirates Defeated" is still shown as completed, while the "Taphian Sea Pirates Defeated" is shown as completed. I tried to push on submit bug, but once finished submitting ( no more network traffic) the "sending bug report" window does not disappear. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Am I missing something or it’s a bug?

Re: Unable to complete “Taphian River Pirates Defeated” quest in Age of Empires Online

I had this happen but sorted it. After killing everything and leaving troops everywhere on the map to make sure there was no hidden villagers - I started deleting my own troops in the hopes that it would end the lag and let me leave to restart and it actually finished the second part of the quest - one of the mobs I deleted was a converted unit and when it died I got the 'completed' credit - even though it was already 'defeated'. It still took a good 10 mins after that to get off the map and back to the turn in city.

Re: Unable to complete “Taphian River Pirates Defeated” quest in Age of Empires Online

I've had a problem with all of the "Visit a friend" quests. First, there have been no treasure fights on any of the quests I've tried so far. Is this intentional or a bug? Second, when working on one of these quests yesterday I made about 40 or 50 villager conversions but they did not affect my conversion count (Preaching to the Masses Global Quest). Now, I know that there were server problems yesterday and that might have been affecting all game play, but this seemed to be a bug. Finally, when I tried to return to my quest city, the game crashed and I had to reload. So I think this is also be the same in your case.

How much I know about this issue, I must say that, this new build has a bug that makes you fail all the older accepted global quests after failing a quest. After this bug, you will not be able to complete the quest anymore. The only way to fix it is to abandon the global quest and re-accept it.